• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Am I living in a bubble?

OlvisIII

Coach
Am I the only person who supports Southend that didn't know Nathan Tyson now plays for Forest? Apparently he is making his debut Saturday. One word for that - sh!t!

sad.gif

Yes and yes

down.gif

I am sorry but why has he gone Forest? He had his pick of his teams really in the Championship, League 1 and League 2 - could of chosen anyone really who made a good enough bid. Why Forest?

Remember tyson has initially gone to forest on loan so there's always the chance that he could slope off somewhere else at the start of january if he doesnt like it there or another higher div team comes in for him

Why has he gone to Forest?

Money.

If he had any ambition he would have gone to one of the championship clubs that bid for him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Nov. 17 2005,09:14)]Why has he gone to Forest?

Money.

If he had any ambition he would have gone to one of the championship clubs that bid for him.
why would it be money when i suspect championship clubs could have offered much more money than Forest?

Maybe stepping up two divisions in one go was too much for him?

I think it's harsh to say money being the reason.

Why do you suspect that Championship clubs could have offered "much more money"?

Forest are averaging 19,000 home gates even in this league and averaged 23,500 last season in a relegation season from the Championship. That puts them on a par with all but the top half dozen Championship teams. I think Forest would be easily able to meet his financial demands.

It blatently is to do with money. He could have gone to Sheff Wed in the championsip but went to NF in League1. The answer has got to be MONEY!

Sheff Wednesday will be playing in League One with Nottingham Forest anyway. Its a good move for the lad, its a step up, but not a massive step up. Forest will finish top half this season and have a real push next season, which Tyson could play a key role in, whereas if he joined Sheff Wednesday he will have taken a step up two levels to fight a relegation battle, then a season of consilidation.

Good move if you ask me, yes money will play a factor as Forest would be one of the richest Clubs in the division. Fingers crossed he gets off to a bad start on saturday.

The one thing that strikes me as fishy is the potential sum being lined up... Wycombe rejected Wednesday's initial £750k bid, but accepted the straight £700k offer from Forest, 40% of which has to go to Reading as part of the original contract.... so Wycombe only really pocket £420k...

Only thing i can think of is Wycombe hope Tyson will prove himself to be a hotshot at this level, and hope that a different Championship club take note and offer a larger bid.
As for Satursday, best thing we can do is to start the game off with a big kick, show him the physical side of this league and unsettle him, not giving him any space.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Nov. 17 2005,14:01)]As for Satursday, best thing we can do is to start the game off with a big kick, show him the physical side of this league and unsettle him, not giving him any space.
Like we did to Trundle then....
sad.gif

I say start off with a few crunching tackles straight away. that will rough them up - espeically if we get Tyson with one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Nov. 17 2005,14:01)]The one thing that strikes me as fishy is the potential sum being lined up... Wycombe rejected Wednesday's initial £750k bid, but accepted the straight £700k offer from Forest, 40% of which has to go to Reading as part of the original contract.... so Wycombe only really pocket £420k...

Only thing i can think of is Wycombe hope Tyson will prove himself to be a hotshot at this level, and hope that a different Championship club take note and offer a larger bid.
As for Satursday, best thing we can do is to start the game off with a big kick, show him the physical side of this league and unsettle him, not giving him any space.
There's nothing necessarily fishy about it. What is the better deal out of:

Option A - £400,000 immediately, £200,000 in January when he joins officially and a further £100,000 at the end of the season; or

Option B - £150,000 in January when he joins officially, £200,000 at the end of the season, £200,000 at the end of the 2005-06 season and £200,000 at the end of 2006-07 season?

If you want fishy transfer deals involving Notts Forest, look back to them spending £200,000 on Jason Lee.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 17 2005,17:58)]Option A - £400,000 immediately, £200,000 in January when he joins officially and a further £100,000 at the end of the season; or

Option B - £150,000 in January when he joins officially, £200,000 at the end of the season, £200,000 at the end of the 2005-06 season and £200,000 at the end of 2006-07 season?
Only £50k in it according to your dates Matt?

I'd say another reason Tyson has chosen Forest over a Championship club is first team football.
Just at the moment pretty much any striker would get a run out at Forest, its not like they're scoring bucket loads, he may have gone for the money as well but i'm sure he tossed it up and thought that a move to Forest would mean regular 1st team football.

If he stuggles at Forest he'll probably still be in the starting line up week in week out, whereas if he struggled at Sheff Wednesday or the like those team won't hesitate in dropping him becasue they are in a relegation battle, Forest, at the moment look nothing more than a Mid-table League One side.

Back