• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Am I Now Officially an Old Man?

Am I an Old Man

• Most Definitely.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No, you're just being practical.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No, but you're now on the slippery slope

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
I have got fed up with walking on the kitchen floor after my kids have just eaten, and finding that my socks have picked up every crumb. I have therefore just purchased a pair of slippers from M&S.

So, good people of Shrimperzone, does that make me an old man, or just practical?

No, just a bad parent.

Kids dropping crumbs? Force them to eat everything over the sink or outside in the snow. If they refuse, they don't eat.

Won't be long before you're wearing a cardigan too.....in a nice shade of lime green....

Think you might be changing into a woman actually, we wear slippers to avoid all sorts of rubbish left on the floor by all members of the household! Oh, and to keep our feet warm of course. Cup of ovaltine anyone?

Slippers in themselves don't make you old. The fact they're from M&S does.

If they're blue you could get away with it by drawing an SUFC logo on them with tippex.

Think you might be changing into a woman actually, we wear slippers to avoid all sorts of rubbish left on the floor by all members of the household! Oh, and to keep our feet warm of course. Cup of ovaltine anyone?

Well if you were to do your job properly and tidy up after them, you wouldn't need to wear slippers :winking:

Have you developed a taste for Wurthers Originals or Murray Mints?? .. these are the most damning evidence of becoming old

As is peeing your pants, moaning about the size of those fiddly little 5p pieces and falling over in the snow and breaking your wrist

Hope this helps ...

I have got fed up with walking on the kitchen floor after my kids have just eaten, and finding that my socks have picked up every crumb. I have therefore just purchased a pair of slippers from M&S.

So, good people of Shrimperzone, does that make me an old man, or just practical?

No, it shows you're a mature man with style, who knows what he wants and takes it. You're the Indiana Jones of SZ.

Back