• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I hereby request, nay demand, an apology from the Prime Minister's of Denmark, Sweden and Norway for the rape and pillage of our peoples and villages during the Viking incursions and invasions of this country between 800-1100 (approx.) AD.

:rolleyes:

Don't forget the bloody Romans, we also need an apology from the Italian PM.

Now what have the Romans done for us???:confused:

I see the point here . However we should point out that at both times in history we could and did fight back (Battle of Stamford Bridge and Boadacias revolt or 2 examples). The slavery that developed from which the apologie as asked fro was absolute and nigh impossible to escape from . (Caporeara excluded there wasnt much martial prowes used to liberate them ).

I see the point here . However we should point out that at both times in history we could and did fight back (Battle of Stamford Bridge and Boadacias revolt or 2 examples). The slavery that developed from which the apologie as asked fro was absolute and nigh impossible to escape from . (Caporeara excluded there wasnt much martial prowes used to liberate them ).

exactly :rolleyes:

But as I've said before, many African kings were all too keen to sell their own people into slavery. Why aren't they apologising?

But as I've said before, many African kings were all too keen to sell their own people into slavery. Why aren't they apologising?

Spot on. It hacks my off that 'my' mayor (that **** Livingstone) is making such a fuss about this.

You might think you're speaking for all Londoners Ken, but I ain't one of them.

Easy answer .. their dead ;) . Yes there was also i think the 2 milliion or so White slaves (or should say european ) held in Northen parts of Africa at the time .

The simply rule should be , any Corporations or familys that made excessive wealth from the buying and selling of fellow human beings should issue an apologey . And that is for all peoples .

NExt getting Japan to apologies for Rape Camps in China in 1930's . Sweden for inavding Norway for well no good reason really , and America for building an empire , becuase they felt liek it :)

No ones ever asked teh Mongolians to apologies for what they did or Alexander the Great ;)

Spot on. It hacks my off that 'my' mayor (that **** Livingstone) is making such a fuss about this.

You might think you're speaking for all Londoners Ken, but I ain't one of them.

I was interested to hear Livingstone use the phrase "weasel words"
Coming from one of the finest exponent of weasel words, I found this a tad ironic.

Hang on a tic, what's happened here? Has Ken apologised for the slave trade? What's the point of that?

These symbolic apologies are just bollocks. How about we stop taking responsibility for things we didn't do, and start taking responsiblity for all of our present problems, eh? Eh?

What's the betting that in 250 years, some berk finally apologises for making up WMD and going into an illegal war on a lie? Some ****ing good it'll be then.

Bollocks, it's all bollocky bollcks.

I like the idea of apologising as it shows Britain is capable of holding his hands up and admitting a mistake - something no other country seems prepared to do. Yes it happened a long time ago, but it's still relevant that we were a major player in a massive error in human history.

I do not see how it is relevent today to our "Era"...We might aswell go on apologise for everthing our ancestors had a hand in and the rest of the world can join in for there's. We obviously made a mistake in hindsite...But it seems to me we are judging this on how we feel now,not how they felt then ....A lot of African Chiefs did sell slaves,Albeit we as the Great British Empire then took advantage. The Americans took the Indians land away and are only recently learning it was an error of there forefathers. It was the way of the world then . I do not agree with it NOW and in retrospect it is abhorant..Thank God we moved on from it. But Apologising now for something totally out of our control is Madness.

I like the idea of apologising as it shows Britain is capable of holding his hands up and admitting a mistake - something no other country seems prepared to do. Yes it happened a long time ago, but it's still relevant that we were a major player in a massive error in human history.

And we were a major player in stopping the slave trade. How about a thank you for that.

Back