• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An Open Letter to Liverpool RE: David N'Gog

EastStandBlue

Life President
To whom it may concern,

Hi. You don't know me, but I'm just your ordinary football fan. I'm writing this letter concerning your home match versus Birmingham City and, particularly, the actions of one David N'Gog.

I was enticed, or should I use the footballing term "induced", by Ladbrokes placing the odds of 10/1 on Birmingham to win aforementioned game, mainly down to your incredibly poor form in the absence of Steven Gerrard. No offence, but it's been quite terrible. A loss against United and I doubt that guy with the goatee would still have a job.

In the 70th minute of the game, with you losing 2-1 and completely devoid of ideas, I was all set for a windfall of around £100. Imagine my horror and disgust when David N'Gog (Now, just for my own interest... Is it pronounced N'gogg or N'go? Has he thought about a potential sponsorship deal with that Insurance giant InsureandGo? I can see it now David "Insure" N'Go... Anyway, I digress...) took a tumble in the box to earn the side a penalty, that Gerrard subsequently scored, to rob me of £100. These are not my opinions, these are facts.

Now. I'm not an unreasonable man, I won't be filing some ludicrous multi-million pound lawsuit to reclaim what's rightfully mine... If you could just repay me the Tenner I stuck on Birmingham that you robbed from me last night, It's be much appreciated. I understand times are tough at the moment, if you can't afford the financial reimbursement, then I'm prepare to accept the following as full or part payment:

• 2 Liverpool shirts, signed by Steven Gerrard.
  • An Igor Biscan poster.
  • The Champions League trophy of "We won it 5 times" Fame.
  • Lucas Leiva.

I look forward to your response,

ESB.

lol good article!

I still find this 'dive' issue not as clear cut. N'Gog had to jump out of the way because Carsley would have gone straight through him if he carried on running. Carlsey was no where near the ball. Now there is no denying that N'Gog theatrically dived, however Carlsey was an idiot for lunging in miles from the ball and presenting N'Gog with the opportunity. I suppose a 'better' striker would have taken the contact by leaving a leg in...

Defenders need to wise up, IMO

lol good article!

I still find this 'dive' issue not as clear cut. N'Gog had to jump out of the way because Carsley would have gone straight through him if he carried on running. Carlsey was no where near the ball. Now there is no denying that N'Gog theatrically dived, however Carlsey was an idiot for lunging in miles from the ball and presenting N'Gog with the opportunity. I suppose a 'better' striker would have taken the contact by leaving a leg in...

Defenders need to wise up, IMO

Thats a good point it was a very poor challenge inside the box from Carsley N'Gog had to try and get out of the way of it and that made it look like a dive, he exaggerated it though IMO.

To be fair, Bent's was more cunning as he knew that Gomes was coming out at speed so he just slowed down and waited for him to make contact.

Bent was going down before Gomes was anywhere near him, but he should have had a pen in the first half. I'm not saying that makes it ok for him to dive but the ref may have seen the incident at half time and that then influenced his decision to award one in the second half.

Bent was going down before Gomes was anywhere near him, but he should have had a pen in the first half. I'm not saying that makes it ok for him to dive but the ref may have seen the incident at half time and that then influenced his decision to award one in the second half.

Yes but then again Bent did miss the penalty, so it evens up.

N'Gog's dive is embarrasing, but to be honest Carsley shouldn't have dived in. Footballers do make the most stupid decisions at times don't they.

Back