• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News An Open Letter to the Leadership, Executive, Councillors and MPs of Southend-on-Sea regarding the Future of Southend United Football Club.

I think it is important there is one voice for all supporters when these discussions happen and that should be the Shrimpers Trust. As much as you are all doing your call etc there are clearly very different views on a lot of things and we need to show that we are very much together and not have bickering and conflicting views when meeting these people selling the club.

Why don't the shrimpertrust just stay quite for once! Ron's selling the club,he's said he will sell the new ground as part of the package! Just let the agency dealing with the sale do they're job! The shrimpertrust is outdated and causes more problems then solves.
Steve , a huge part of me just says that I should "be quiet and not feed a troll like yourself".
I'm old enough to know that I'm doing what you want and giving you attention, but still ......... still.

JUST SHUT THE **** UP

Please

This is great
Fans built the club
Don’t let any agenda tell you otherwise

And don’t let egos try and silence you..

Why don't the shrimpertrust just stay quite for once! Ron's selling the club,he's said he will sell the new ground as part of the package! Just let the agency dealing with the sale do they're job! The shrimpertrust is outdated and causes more problems then solves.
I think the Trust has every right to get involved with this, If you just let the agency "do they're job!" it'll be sold to the co. that earns them the most commission, as opposed to the best deal for SUFC and it's supporters

I think the Trust has every right to get involved with this, If you just let the agency "do they're job!" it'll be sold to the co. that earns them the most commission, as opposed to the best deal for SUFC and it's supporters
The purchaser who earns the agency the most commission will also be the purchaser who pays Ron the most. That is likely who he will sell to and we, and ST on our behalf, have very limited influence on that.

The influence we do have is by remaining very engaged with Ron, and appeal to his sense of wanting to do the right thing by the club. To an extent this is dictated by how positively disposed he is towards the club and the fans... as we have only shown him love and kindness it will be a real kick in the teeth if he isn't prepared to forego a few million to sell the club to someone who loves it as much as he does....

NOTE: I don't necessarily agree with everything I just posted!!! :-)

I don't know how you manage to type and tug your forelock at the same time.

The club should never have been given over without lots of caveats in place to make sure it was maintained appropriately and never became a saleable asset without full trust or equivalent approval.

Hopefully this can be a lesson learned and the club can inherit/purchase fossetts and never be in this situation again.

As for the letter. Its perfectly set out.
Absolutely agree, this has always worried me.Without this in place we will always be at risk even if the next owner buys the club and stadium, who is to say that they won’t at some point in the future just sell one and not the other? Ideally does some sort of “covenant “ needs to be in place?

However , in the real world I am guessing this is unrealistic as we need a buyer asap

It will be a sad day when Ron sells the club.

Scarily enough, say some people.

Name one.

As it happens I will be delighted when he finally goes, but I'm sure he will be sad. Whether he's been good or crap (in my opinion, the latter) is irrelevant to him as I'm sure he's always tried to do his best. The issue is his best hasn't been anywhere near good enough.

It was pretty obvious to me that he was quite emotional, not to mention tired, during the press conference.

Last edited:
The purchaser who earns the agency the most commission will also be the purchaser who pays Ron the most. That is likely who he will sell to and we, and ST on our behalf, have very limited influence on that.

The influence we do have is by remaining very engaged with Ron, and appeal to his sense of wanting to do the right thing by the club. To an extent this is dictated by how positively disposed he is towards the club and the fans... as we have only shown him love and kindness it will be a real kick in the teeth if he isn't prepared to forego a few million to sell the club to someone who loves it as much as he does....

NOTE: I don't necessarily agree with everything I just posted!!! :-)
Have u seen the contract Ron has signed ?
He may have agreed a fixed fee ?
He may have agreed say £500,000 if a sale is agreed under £20,000,000
He may have offered to pay £2,000,000 if a sale is agreed at say £25,000,000 or more

Back