• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And now for a bit of truth!

You love it dont you canvey?
I have also watched many years of dross. No doubt in your company. I dont dispute that the standard has been raised over the past years. However, In my opinion, We have reached a plateau, somehere in the middle of the 3rd division. Its great that we reached the play offs....but it's not so great that we got thrashed tonight. I dont pretend to have any answers. But someone must be responsible? It's not me, its not you.....so who is going to take the blame for tonight?

I love this club, always have always will.
Again you contradict yourself you say we reached a plateau of mid table 3rd division, yet we finished 6th, a bit higher than mid table I think.
Yes we got thrashed by a very decent side, if we had lost 1-0 would we still be in the blame game? Because make no mistake a defeat is a defeat however you dress it up.
Personally I blame everyone at the club for getting us to a play off position so we could lose and then have this ndebate.

Tonight was just one of those nights when nothing (or very little) we did or tried came off. Yes, the scoreline is a little embarrassing but we've still achieved much more than many of us expected this season. Recriminations are pointless as are pointless slanging matches, let's let the team have a break and start afresh next season with Barnard's fragile pins a little stronger after some decent close season work, and some good news on signing.

Thank you Blues, for an amazing rollercoaster of a season, enjoy your rest and to Tilly and Brush, as well as Ron Martin - thank you also. I may not always agree, but you will always have my respect.

Yes the fans were fantastic at 4 0 down, rather than be embarrassed we will make some noise! On the pitch was a complete anti climax after James (please don't sign him} Walker bottled yet another easy chance. The dissinterested Tommy Black was replaced by The Moose, a player that makes Kevin Maher look positive and exiting, and on the bench we have yes don't laugh Zoltan Liptak, Charlie Macdonald and a pantomime donkey called Revell. Now where has Hooper dissapeared to yet again, and why is he behind those three in the pecking order? O.K we got comprehensivly outclassed tonight but sorry Moussa, Macdonald and Revell aint taking us knowhere. At home was pretty powder puff stuff but tonight was pathetic, blood and guts to get us here and that was the best that we could come up with, one big let down i'm afraid!

Tonight is a night to be disappointed by the result, but yet proud of the supporters (not me) who travelled to Donny. Tilly has 2/3 months to get it right for next season - and by past experience, I reckon we'll be ok.

Messers Walker, Revell, Moose are better than Belgrave, Broughton and Thurgood (and countless others), so please give them a chance. We didn't go 13?? matches unbeaten by being rubbish.

I love this club, always have always will.
Again you contradict yourself you say we reached a plateau of mid table 3rd division, yet we finished 6th, a bit higher than mid table I think.
Yes we got thrashed by a very decent side, if we had lost 1-0 would we still be in the blame game? Because make no mistake a defeat is a defeat however you dress it up.
Personally I blame everyone at the club for getting us to a play off position so we could lose and then have this ndebate.

Oh right, so i contradicted myself by a couple of places in the table? Does that alter the facts? We are, a 3rd division team at present. We got thrashed by a better 3rd division team. I can live with with it. Can you?

OldBlueLady;[B said:
676264]Tonight was just one of those nights when nothing (or very little) we did or tried came off.[/B] Yes, the scoreline is a little embarrassing but we've still achieved much more than many of us expected this season. Recriminations are pointless as are pointless slanging matches, let's let the team have a break and start afresh next season with Barnard's fragile pins a little stronger after some decent close season work, and some good news on signing.

Thank you Blues, for an amazing rollercoaster of a season, enjoy your rest and to Tilly and Brush, as well as Ron Martin - thank you also. I may not always agree, but you will always have my respect.

Part of the reason for that is that we have ceased to play the controlled , passing football that Donny demonstrated tonight . We now rely on smash and grab stuff which works fine against the poor teams but finds us out against the good sides .How often did we punt it upfield tonight only to see it come back again? We used to pass and retain the ball and pick out the strikers at the right moment . Our current midfield don't play this way

:stunned:
I've got a lackey?
Who's the lacky, sorry lucky fellow?

Just ignore old Bertie Big Bollox. These people only show up after a bad performance to slag the club off. They are not real supporters just people who want to cause trouble and rock the boat.

Bertie will soon tire of all his sh*t and slide back down the hole from which he crawled out of. Mark my words...:)

Part of the reason for that is that we have ceased to play the controlled , passing football that Donny demonstrated tonight . We now rely on smash and grab stuff which works fine against the poor teams but finds us out against the good sides .How often did we punt it upfield tonight only to see it come back again? We used to pass and retain the ball and pick out the strikers at the right moment . Our current midfield don't play this way

Great game plan to take us up, hump it forward to those two renowned target men er Walker and Barnard

Oh right, so i contradicted myself by a couple of places in the table? Does that alter the facts? We are, a 3rd division team at present. We got thrashed by a better 3rd division team. I can live with with it. Can you?

No it doesn't but it does prove you are wrong - again!
I can live with the fact that we were beaten by a better team on the night.

Just ignore old Bertie Big Bollox. These people only show up after a bad performance to slag the club off. They are not real supporters just people who want to cause trouble and rock the boat.

Bertie will soon tire of all his sh*t and slide back down the hole from which he crawled out of. Mark my words...:)

Fock me lad, it must be way past your bed time! I find it kind of cruel to engage in banter with you so i will desist from this point and wish you a good nights sleep.

Wiggy, I really don't know what you get off on and I really cannot be bothered to read through pages of ****. Sitting here on the A14 with a few mates after a memorable day out that I wouldn't swap for the world

Use your fecking loaf in future.

Back