• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy Murray

MK Shrimper

Striker
Looks like the finest tennis player this country has ever produced in about to retire. Sad news, the man has been an absolute sporting icon & legend.

When he was good he was really great. He grew from a spoiling brat to a major positive figure for British sport AND into a proper, decent fellow.

Undoubtedly the greatest British sportsman of his generation. A sad, premature end to what's been a phenomenal career in a golden age of tennis. If you can't enjoy that because he once made a joke about the English then that's a shame.

Andy Murray's the best.

Focused totally on the job in hand and never pandering to what the media wanted to have him act, do or say.

Undoubtedly the greatest British sportsman of his generation. A sad, premature end to what's been a phenomenal career in a golden age of tennis. If you can't enjoy that because he once made a joke about the English then that's a shame.
He’s so liked on the circuit and been a really good voice for good as well. I’d like him to move into being a pundit. But wonder if not being able to continue with tennis (doubles/masters etc) might see him pack it in completely

He most probably needs to retire to get a personality and he might break a smile then one day:Clap:

What really annoys me about the reaction to 'anyone from England' from the tabloids is that he was asked 'since Scotland didn't qualify for the World Cup who will you be supporting instead?' Apparently the interviewer is fine to make fun of the Scotland football team not qualifying but if Andy Murray dares to joke that he won't be supporting England in response it's a national scandal. Both clearly weren't meant to be taken maliciously but only Andy Murray's comment was taken badly.

Robert Huth has dismissed rumours of joining Derby saying that "I have retired but not cried about it".:Clap:

He's got substantially more personality that 99.9% of most sportsmen or women.

In your opinion.

Don’t like the guy never will, I have always been a Federer fan I watched him when he knocked Sampras out of Wimbeldon when his reign as the greatest ever began and have followed him ever since. Never liked Murray, he’s done well over his career especially when there are far better players out there like Federer, Nadal and Djokovic.

Shame it’s ended so early for him, as much as you love something if it’s causing you pain that could affect your life later on then it’s best to Jack it in and have a more comfortable life after sport.

In your opinion.

Don’t like the guy never will, I have always been a Federer fan I watched him when he knocked Sampras out of Wimbeldon when his reign as the greatest ever began and have followed him ever since. Never liked Murray, he’s done well over his career especially when there are far better players out there like Federer, Nadal and Djokovic.

Shame it’s ended so early for him, as much as you love something if it’s causing you pain that could affect your life later on then it’s best to Jack it in and have a more comfortable life after sport.

In the opinion of many, including pros on the tour, commentators and fellow sportsmen/women and people who have actually met him in person rather than people who judge him on TV interviews.

Those 3 are best there has ever been and Murray has beaten them all. Maybe their dominance has pushed him on further, who knows, but if he'd been around at a different time he would have been the World No.1 in any era, including those of Lendl, Borg, Sampras & Agassi.

Murray's retirement is a huge loss to the tennis world and to the British game especially. It is unlikely that we'll see his like for many, many years.

Last edited:
He's got substantially more personality that 99.9% of most sportsmen or women.
His a great tennis player, I give him that but when things don’t go his way then why does he always fake a injury or use it as a excuse if his down in a match, he always used to do it.

Personally, I don't want the sporting heroes of this country to be people like Eddie The Eagle.

To be the best, you need to have that drive to outperform your peers. Some sportsmen are natural geniuses. Others have to work at every single aspect of their game. Andy Murray is more the latter. But he's a winner and possibly why he achieved more than the likes of Tim Henman or others in different sports who might have a more likeable "personality" but fell short when it really mattered.

In the opinion of many, including pros on the tour, commentators and fellow sportsmen/women and people who have actually met him in person rather than people who judge him on TV interviews.

Those 3 are best there has ever been and Murray has beaten them all. Maybe their dominance has pushed him on further, who knows, but if he'd been around at a different time he would have been the World No.1 in any era, including those of Lendl, Borg, Sampras & Agassi.

Murray's retirement is a huge loss to the tennis world and to the British game especially. It is unlikely that we'll see his like for many, many years.

But to say he has a better personality than 99.9% of sportsmen and women is massively over the top.

But to say he has a better personality than 99.9% of sportsmen and women is massively over the top.

No, I stand by that. Most sportsmen & women are dreadfully boring, at least until they retire. Footballers especially.

Back