• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anglia Soccer Night

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
On the official site, the welcome news of Anglian Soccer Night will return, Thursday at midnight - and Tilly will be appearing on the show, along with some fat ex-manager from Peterborough.

damn the absence of sky tv, and being at uni out of Essex

Cheers, I assume its Anglia South I'm after. How do I make sure I dont end up with Anglia (West), Tyne Tees (North), Tyne Tees (South) as they are all the same settings?

If you have followed the SUFC list faq and cannot get Anglia you need to use the updated Freq as below.
10.714 H 22000 5/6

FAQ Snippit
Just thought some of you might be interested in this for some of your exiles. You can get all the local ITV channels on your mini dish by following the instructions below. This would mean that people who support Darlo can see the goals on the local news on Monday night. I only know Tyne Tees number (102-6) but you can go through them to find the right one. Best to do it when local news is on though as you can tell which area it is then.

1/ press services on sky remote.
2/ 4 system set up.
3/ 4 add channels.
4/ frequency- 10.832.
5/ polarisation- H.
6/ symbol rate- 22.0.
7/ FEC- 5/6.
8/ find channels press select.
9/ press yellow button to store and curser down
and store the next channel.
10/ press select when complete.
to access the saved new channels. services on sky remote 6 other channels and there are the channels you have stored....

OTHERS ARE AS FOLLOWS;
frequency 10.891 10.906 10.902
polarisation H V H
symbol rate 22.0 22.0 22.0
fec 5/6 5/6 5/6
that should get you carlton/lwt,central,htv wales,htv west,west country south,anglia,border eng, border scot, granada, meridian,tyne tees,yorkshire,grampian, scottish,and ulster...

Hope this is of use to some of you. It was to me as the tv reception is crap where I live and I was struggling to get ITV anyway.

Further channels are:

CHANNEL SETTING

1-1 RI - CARLTON / LWT FREQ - 10.832
1-2 R3 - CENTRAL POL - H
1-3 R3 - HTV WALES SR - 22.0
1-4 R4 - HTV WEST FEC - 5/6
1-5 R6 - WEST COUNTRY SOUTH

1-6 TO 1-9 NO SIGNAL

2-1 R2 - ANGLIA
2-2 R9 - BORDER (ENGLAND) FREQ - 10.891
2-3 R14 - BORDER (SCOTLAND) POL - H
2-4 R7 - GRANADA SR - 22.0
2-5 R5 - MERIDIAN FEC - 5/6
2-6 R10 - TYNE TEES
2-7 R8 - YORKSHIRE

2-8 & 2-9 INACTIVE

3-1 R12 - CHANNEL (SHOWING MERIDIAN) FREQ - 10.906
3-2 R13 - GRAMPIAN POL - V
3-3 R15 - SCOTTISH SR - 22.0
3-4 R11 - ULSTER FEC - 5/6

Didn't think much of the new format, preferred it with the fans in the studio.

Taxi for Piper as well. He made some shocking errors including suggesting we won nine in a row, saying the Goat was at man City in the prem a few months ago, plus seeing clearly the Rushden goalkeeper make a massive error against Barnet and confusing it with the Bees keeper, before asking Steve Tilson: "Hoping he does another one of those at the weekend?"

Still glad it's back though, we got some decent coverage out of it and Tilson still hasn't lost his 'rabbit in the headlights' media knack!

I'm glad soccer night is back - even though it's not quite as good as last season it's better than nothing!!!

Definitely good to see it back. Kevin Piper did apologise for the series starting in November, but I'd like to know why that was allowed to happen! At the end of the day, it does give us more coverage than Sky's Football League Review.

It was a shame that Fry was there in a sense, as it really showed the two extremes that the pair of them represent in terms of media communication skills, but it was nice to hear him say positive things about what Tilly and the team have done.

As gilbo said, also very encouraging to hear the stance on not selling Freddy - certainly not for £750k!

I thought it was rubbish. Definitely not worth waiting up for! I could have been playing a poker tournament!

Hope Anglia coverage was better than Meridian out here - we got mentioned as being one of the 'four league one teams on the south coast (do they know where Southend is??) and as having a cup-tie against 'local rivals' Barnet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Nov. 04 2005,11:57)]I thought it was rubbish. Definitely not worth waiting up for! I could have been playing a poker tournament!
Sky+ next time you doughnut ...

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 04 2005,14:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Nov. 04 2005,11:57)]I thought it was rubbish. Definitely not worth waiting up for! I could have been playing a poker tournament!
Sky+ next time you doughnut ...

oops.gif
Which I think only works if Anglia is your "Home" ITV region. However, I also have one of those old-fashioned video recorder thingies linked in between the sky box and the tellie for just this eventuality.

I recorded the london one and watched Anglia.

The London version wasn't as good, didn't go into much detail...

Back