• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another Barmy Red Ken Plan!!!

Stats

aka Ian Poulter
Don't know if you have heard about this but Ken Livingstone is planning to use tax payer's money to build an enormous mosque costing an estimated 100M in the docklands. What do you think about it? Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on a new hospital or improved transport facilities??

BIGGER THAN ST PAULS!!!
The plan is for the mosque to be so big that people flying in from all over the world for the 2012 Olympics will it see it as the biggest landmark in London , bigger than St Pauls, Westminster Abbey or Wembley Stadium

Take a second to cast your vote in The Evening Standard on-line poll to determine public opinion about whether a mega mosque should be built for the Olympics.

The vote so far is 62 % in favour. It looks like the Muslim
community is casting its vote in droves, and as usual the Christians
are burying their heads in the sand....

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/poll/poll-18791-details/ques-18669-id/%C2%A3100m+mosque:+Vote+now/poll.do

Last edited:
Why not. They're wasting substantially more on two weeks of running and jumping anyhow.

I'm not opposed to the idea per se, but £100m does seem an awful lot of money.

Now if he was to spend that much money on a boozer with twenty dart boards, loads of satellite tv channels and five different guest beers every week, that'd be more like it.

Catholics, Anglicans, Episcopalians, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, Nazarenes, Anabaptists, Seventh-day Adventists or Pentecostals?

We need them all Naps!!

To be fair the whole olympics thing is just crazy, £9 billion should be spent elsewhere.

To be fair the whole olympics thing is just crazy, £9 billion should be spent elsewhere.

Like where? No point spending the money if it's only going to be mismanaged. An extra £9bn is being spent in the NHS for a start - dont see how much that will change things.

The Olympics is a great bost for local businesses, bringing employment, capital, and prestige to the UK. I reckon it's Labour's best (only?) achievement

In my humble opinion, religion is the biggest single cause of senseless killing on the planet and divides communities more than it unifies. I think £100m would be better pushed down the nearest drain personally. As Tower Hamlets is specifically one of the poorest areas in the country this will just act as another slap in the face to the locals and should fit nicely with the other Billion pound white elephant up the road, namely the Millenium Dome. Bottom line - it's total and utter b0llocks.

Nail on the head there XS

Saudi Arabia is essentially an Islam state - any other religions are banned and their followers prosecuted. I'm sure you and Mike know this.

In the UK, we are tolerant of other religions, which is part of democracy and freedom. We should celebrate religious diversity, not grumble when it is catered for. Christianity in the UK is not our birthright, we dont have to follow it and it is not something that belongs to us.

How you can moan about TMWLT's policies and yet argue that Saudis won't build a cathedral is beyond me. It's the same argument.

In my humble opinion, religion is the biggest single cause of senseless killing on the planet and divides communities more than it unifies.

I used to think that, but I don't anymore. I now believe the biggest danger is lack of education. This fuels ignorance (sometimes no more than misguided partiotism), which fuels hatred, and so on.

I also think great progress can be made at the ballot box - Look at Northern Ireland.

I think it would be a nice gesture if God put his hands in his pockets and chipped in with a few quid or helped out with the construction.

Back