• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another Fixture Change

Scriv, any news back from Brentford yet over the Valentines Day fixture...? Get on to them, mate!

tounge.gif

Oh Feck.
I am away in lincolnshire over the Bank Holiday. Consolation for probably missing Col U on the Monday was that I would be in Scunny on the Saturday. Now they have scuppered that one as well.

Jeez !!!

And in the body of the text re Scunny on the official site it says Fri 27th instead of 26th August.

Call me Mr Picky...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ June 30 2005,19:11)]Quality. Nice to see the Club thinking of its supporters again.
Not great for us at all but, I suppose, in fairness, we've done it to enough teams and it was probably Scunthorpe's decision.

This is my main gripe with Friday games really. It's all well and good when you're at home but you can get away fixtures that almost prohibit your attendance. Didn't we also have Scunny away on an evening game last year?

I suppose there's only ever going to be one winner though. If it's between attracting 300 more away fans or potentially thousands of home fans.

Both home and away games with Scunny are Friday night games now hmm, and yes we played Scunny last season on a Tuesday night.

The Shrimpers are on tele TWICE already next season! Ace! Where's that armchair? Or should it be a deckchair?!

WS

biggrin.gif

To be fair to Scunthorpe, their last two visits (plus their forthcoming fixture at ours next season) have all been Friday games (4-2, 0-0...). Perhaps this is their way of getting back at us!

And yes not good. I was planning on doing all games up until I go back to Uni (in early October) but I very much doubt I'll be able to now...

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ June 30 2005,19:11)]Quality.  Nice to see the Club thinking of its supporters again.
What a ludicrous comment. You can't expect other clubs to oblige us with Friday night games, as Scunthorpe always seem to, and us refuse to return the compliment for the benefit of the small minority of our supporters who wanted to go there on the Saturday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ July 01 2005,10:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ June 30 2005,19:11)]Quality.  Nice to see the Club thinking of its supporters again.
What a ludicrous comment. You can't expect other clubs to oblige us with Friday night games, as Scunthorpe always seem to, and us refuse to return the compliment for the benefit of the small minority of our supporters who wanted to go there on the Saturday.
Agree 100%

I dont really see the problem, its not a hard trip, and the amount of fri night games we now have, we are bound to have an away one, could be far far worse, like the bradford game on the tuesday we ave
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 01 2005,11:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ July 01 2005,10:05)]
[b said:
Agree 100%
Agree Agree 100%

Back