• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another Fixture Change

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 03 2005,13:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ July 03 2005,14:22)]a bone Mike...

wink.gif
Indeed. You started it so nerrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

WS
I thought I ended it as well...

smile.gif

SUFCintheprem you really are an arrogant person arent you ?

Some people do not have a choice when they work, it's called life and some people are not obviously as lucky as you being able to turn down jobs that require saturday working, now i'm lucky and dont work weekends but if i had to work weekend to pay my mortgage and look after my family then i'm afraid this would have to come first and football second. As you are in such a fanatastic position, woe betide any time when you have to come into the real world and work a saturday to keep yourself or your family fed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (weststander @ July 03 2005,14:07)]SUFCintheprem you really are an arrogant person arent you ?

Some people do not have a choice when they work, it's called life and some people are not obviously as lucky as you being able to turn down jobs that require saturday working, now i'm lucky and dont work weekends but if i had to work weekend to pay my mortgage and look after my family then i'm afraid this would have to come first and football second. As you are in such a fanatastic position, woe betide any time when you have to come into the real world and work a saturday to keep yourself or your family fed.
I completely agree that you should put yours and your familiy's well being before football, of course I do. Some things are more important than football.

For your information, yes I have had Saturday jobs and yes they did force me to miss out on watching football. This, though, was a choice that I made and I feel that there are always choices to be made, although it's clear that other people feel differently.

My first point, quite clumsily made as it was, was supposed to be suggesting that everyone is in different circumstances. Whilst people working on Saturdays will prefer evening games, there are plenty of people who will be prohibited by Friday working commitments too. When I was working in Portsmouth last year, I fortunately had flexible hours but in order to get back to Southend for evening games, I had to leave work at about 3 and either leave Southend at about 6 in the morning to get back by a respectable time or get in late. These hours had to be made up elsewhere in the week. Naturally, I would prefer weekend games in that situation.

I think the poll on this issue that has the preferences finely balanced illustrates the wide variation in opinion on this issue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ July 01 2005,15:47)]Frankly, if you want to watch football, you don't get a job that requires you to work on a Saturday.
An alternative might be to get a Saturday job which requires you to go to Roots Hall - Adam Barrett, Freddy Eastwood, Spinner, Andy Edwards all used to go to the Hall as fans and now get paid to go as part of their job!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fish @ July 05 2005,13:34)]An alternative might be to get a Saturday job which requires you to go to Roots Hall - Adam Barrett, Freddy Eastwood, Spinner, Andy Edwards all used to go to the Hall as fans and now get paid to go as part of their job!
biggrin.gif
Or a steward...

oops.gif
biggrin.gif

In my early days we always played at home on Friday nights and the average attendances were greater than this season.

From a financial point of view, if you are sure that you can sell your home tickets whether the game is a friday or a sturday, then the numbers of away supporters becomes relevant, but if, for example, you are going to get 500 fewer home fans but 200 more away fans then there is no contest....

As for the "don't get a Job which interferes with football" comment. I have just shown it to my son, who has decided not to go to Oxford University now, as there would be a Tuesday night game in February he couldn't get back for.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ July 05 2005,14:05)]I have just shown it to my son, who has decided not to go to Oxford University now, as there would be a Tuesday night game in February he couldn't get back for.......
Too right. Tell him to go to Cambridge where he can get back easily for the game....

upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ July 05 2005,14:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ July 05 2005,14:05)]I have just shown it to my son, who has decided not to go to Oxford University now, as there would be a Tuesday night game in February he couldn't get back for.......
Too right.  Tell him to go to Cambridge where he can get back easily for the game....

upside.gif
SEEVIC have some lovely courses

cool.gif

Back