• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Another HMRC Winding Up Petition...

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
According to today's Echo, we're due back in court over an unpaid HMRC bill. We were late paying, but RM assures us that it will be settled before reaching court.

Looks like we are relying on Season Ticket money and Wembley then!:'(

Yep. Hence the early call for Seaso monies again.

A vicious circle and again we will be spending money that should be used to see us through the season. On unpaid bills from the past.

Especially the JPT ticket money, which goes into a pot and divvied up later.

Really? That's ridiculous. Many clubs are struggling, and you're saying they have to pay the overheads to put on these matches, and wait for the money later? That must have a detrimental effect on the cash flow of a lot of clubs!

Really? That's ridiculous. Many clubs are struggling, and you're saying they have to pay the overheads to put on these matches, and wait for the money later? That must have a detrimental effect on the cash flow of a lot of clubs!

I can't remember the exact procedure. But it is along those lines yes.

I can't remember the exact procedure. But it is along those lines yes.

Who actually runs the competition? Is it the football league, or do they get an independent company to run it? Reason I ask is they're probably making a tidy packet on the ticket money interest.

I know that TV revenue was divided equally, but surely not the ticket money too!

How on earth would Carlisle be able to make over £500k from the competition if they didn't get to keep their own ticket sales money. Only about £50k (can't remember exact figure) of that was from prize money, and doubt merchandising would bring more than that either. That leaves it with either ticket money being split like the FA Cup games, between the teams playing in that match, or that every team in League 1 and 2 getting around £300k from just being in the competition.

That's my (possibly highly flawed) logic anyway.

Who actually runs the competition? Is it the football league, or do they get an independent company to run it? Reason I ask is they're probably making a tidy packet on the ticket money interest.

Sorry I have got it wrong.

45% of gate receipts go to each team. Then 10% goes into the "Pool account"

That is after all the usual expenses, such as floodlights, stewards etc etc.

Either way, that aint a lot!

Sorry I have got it wrong.

45% of gate receipts go to each team. Then 10% goes into the "Pool account"

That is after all the usual expenses, such as floodlights, stewards etc etc.

Either way, that aint a lot!

That makes a lot more sense, and I'd imagine the Orient game would be a consideration (though I've no idea what the HMRC bill amounts to)

Cheers for the info :thumbsup:

That makes a lot more sense, and I'd imagine the Orient game would be a consideration (though I've no idea what the HMRC bill amounts to)

Cheers for the info :thumbsup:

Rumours are that it is allegedly "Six figures"

Ron however says it is an "Insignificant amount" in the Echo I have been told.

Last edited:
Back