• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Another HMRC Winding Up Petition...

What I don't get is that we seem to be able to afford the legal and court fees that are incurred every time this happens, it's madness

Oh come off it. Now you are making petty semantic quibbles, and if he had said that I have little doubt he would still have been criticised. There is plenty to criticise RM for without resorting to this sort of thing.

No Im not, I have made no comment on the fact we have unpaid bills, we know we will have them as nothing has changed financially.

If he had come out and said it will be paid before the court date then I wouldnt even have commented on it.

All he has to say is it will be paid before the date required and is in hand. Pretty straightforward.

On that note, I wonder how long it will be before the courts start to take a dim view of HMRC. The last couple of times (and by the sounds of it, this one too) we have paid the monies due a couple of days after their due date. I wonder when the courts will tell HMRC to curb their enthusiasm, and give us (and other football clubs) a few day's grace before issuing winding up orders.

What I don't get is that we seem to be able to afford the legal and court fees that are incurred every time this happens, it's madness

The last couple of times we haven't sent any legal representation because the money had already been paid. Which makes it interesting to see what happens this time. If we send someone it means it is more serious than RM is letting on...

January was a poor month for us financially, what was it? 1 home game? I'm not at all surprised some bills became overdue.

"Sky TV has revolutionised football in this country and whilst the top tier benefit the most attendances throughout all divisions increased since as footballs profile increased"

Take it that was meant as some sort of joke?

It would be true on both accounts but now clubs are spending much more money than in previous decades and are over spending to go further up the pyramid.

I dont know how many of you posting on here have had much dealings with HMRC, nut let me tell you I have.
I retired 2 years early at the end of November 2010 which is half way through the tax year. I wrote to HMRC to inform them so they could adjust my tax code as I no longer received a company car or fuel and return any rebate to me.
I then received a bill from them for £2000 underpayment. I did have the knowledge to get them to reduce this to £400,but this took thirteen letters to them before they could get this correct.
However this took me until Feb 2012 during which time I had so many differing tax codes you wouldnt believe. Then during March I get another tax code for year 2012/2013 which was incorrect.
I then give up with them.
So please dont castigate Ron too much, they are not easy people to deal with.

I dont know how many of you posting on here have had much dealings with HMRC, nut let me tell you I have.
I retired 2 years early at the end of November 2010 which is half way through the tax year. I wrote to HMRC to inform them so they could adjust my tax code as I no longer received a company car or fuel and return any rebate to me.
I then received a bill from them for £2000 underpayment. I did have the knowledge to get them to reduce this to £400,but this took thirteen letters to them before they could get this correct.
However this took me until Feb 2012 during which time I had so many differing tax codes you wouldnt believe. Then during March I get another tax code for year 2012/2013 which was incorrect.

I agree. Painful to deal with

They are perhaps the most incompetent organisation in the country (HMRC, not SUFC) - generally 1 query entails 3 phone calls, about 90 minutes and 3 different answers :headbang:

Back