• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Another signing? / Who is he?

Why would Barmby leave Hull? Even if he's not playing he turned down Premier League sides to join them when they were in League One because they are his Club. I doubt he'll be leaving any time soon.

Apparently Ron has a spare 20 million and put an offer in for Gareth Barry!

Hope not ;)

Am i the only one getting bored with we are going to sign Robinho, Ronaldo etc etc. At first they were mildly amusing. I know this site is meant to be light hearted but surely this one has been flogged to death.

I think its to the detrement of a really good site, imo

Am i the only one getting bored with we are going to sign Robinho, Ronaldo etc etc. At first they were mildly amusing. I know this site is meant to be light hearted but surely this one has been flogged to death.

As am I.

Seriously though, it's Thierry Henry. We all know hes been unhappy at Barcelona and just hasn't really found the same form in the Spanish League as he did in England. We have been raiding the French recently so it would make sense. The plan is to try Dougie Freedman in centre midfield alongside Macca when hes back and throw Thierry Henry upfront with our main threat Barnard.

Funny - this is true.....

Geezer at work, wife's company has box at Southampton and her bosses cousin is Director at southampton and she told geezer at works wife that he'd heard that Jason Euell was going out on loan to us.

Anyway back to talk to my friends dogs dead dad!

Funny - this is true.....

Geezer at work, wife's company has box at Southampton and her bosses cousin is Director at southampton and she told geezer at works wife that he'd heard that Jason Euell was going out on loan to us.

Anyway back to talk to my friends dogs dead dad!

pardon?....

Last edited:
Well Sky Sports News just said he could be out for up to sixth months so I doubt it.

Hmm... nothing on SSN website or Saints official site.

Would certainly fit the criteria (attacking midfielder with Premiership experience) and the versatility Tilly likes - can play wide or upfront too.

Interesting...

EDIT:

Ah...

saintsfc.co.uk said:
Saints are waiting for results of further scans on midfielder Jason Euell to assess the damage to his shoulder.
The former Charlton star fell awkwardly during the Reserve team's Combination Cup match against Bristol City and was in some pain as he left the field, with half-time approaching.
Initial scans revealed that Euell had aggravated an injury he first sustained back in 1997 whilst at Wimbledon, but he has since undergone further tests to assess the extent of the injury.
If a further operation is deemed necessary, Euell could be looking at approximately six months out of action, but Saints are hoping he could be back in half that time if there's no need to go under the knife.

Could be that then :(

This thread was started by a member visiting shrimpers-online website and reading an article posted on there by Technician, one of the bosses of SOL who obviously felt it worthy to post on his web-site. So blame SOL not the Zone.

This thread was started by a member visiting shrimpers-online website and reading an article posted on there by Technician, one of the bosses of SOL who obviously felt it worthy to post on his web-site. So blame him not the Zone.

I started this thread from the SOL article and J's post after chatting with Ron Martin. I also think that the echo said that they were hoping that a loanee (midfielder) would be coming in this week.... so i thought it was valid to start a thread about 3 rumours. sometimes we find out who signs before they do, and sometimes we don't, but it's part of the fun of SZ in guessing, and yes the Robinho/Theo jokes have been done to death, but oh well!

Jason Euell isn't a bad shout, I know his injured now, but that does sound like the type of player we would have a chance of getting in on loan.

Back