• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has to be a record even for us. We were just in court on 21st June to clear the last tax bill.

Should we really be surprised though? The club is getting absolutely no income during the close and pre season.

So who is funding the Madrid trip, surely if we are in a financial mess, the last thing the club needs to be doing is taking i guess around 25 or so staff to madrid.

As they will all be hitching down individually, if anyone of the squad happens to pass Saint Gaudens, I'll have a word with the wife, to see whether we can put them up for the night. I'm sure Barna will offer similar aid on the Barcelona side.

No surprise, there's been no income. Frankly, I'd have been surprised of there hadn't been one this month!

This has to be a record even for us. We were just in court on 21st June to clear the last tax bill.

Awaits club statement...

"We are only a day or two late in paying. HMRC are taking a very hard line with us. It will be discharged well in advance of the hearing" blah blah...

Then don't mess with them then.....

Well when one of these posts reads 'winding-up order' rather than 'petition' then I will worry. Same old, same old. Things are tight but that does not mean they are irretrievable. As has been proven so many times before.

No surprise.

But I would like to know why 99% of other League 2 clubs are not in court every other month.

Their owners aren't skint?

Season ticket money is supposed to get clubs by through these months but ours was spent long ago.

I am surprised the club didn't organise some big friendly games earlier in July to bring in cash, we got 6600+ for the West Ham game Tuesday night and it looks like a 10K sell out for Spurs tomorrow night it was £15 for adults so that has to mean quite a decent amount of money coming in, we also play Ipswich next Tuesday. Your matches against QPR and West Ham are a bit late in July really although of course they should still bring in some useful income before the season starts.

Not even news- same old samed old and will get paid again
Will happen whilst the courts are abused an used as unpaid accounts receivable for HMRC
Can move this thread to the finances section please

I am surprised the club didn't organise some big friendly games earlier in July to bring in cash, we got 6600+ for the West Ham game Tuesday night and it looks like a 10K sell out for Spurs tomorrow night it was £15 for adults so that has to mean quite a decent amount of money coming in, we also play Ipswich next Tuesday. Your matches against QPR and West Ham are a bit late in July really although of course they should still bring in some useful income before the season starts.

Southend United haven't heard of organisation.

Southend United haven't heard of organisation.

Glad you said that :winking: Seriously I do wonder where this will end for you guys it must be very frustrating, the players are out there it must be very annoying seeing them sign for others in your division. Only this afternoon George Porter has signed on a season long loan for AFC Wimbledon from Burnley. He was very decent for us last season and is really too good for league 2 he would have done a great job for you lot, many of us were hoping he came back to us but it looks like Joe Dunne was interested in other players instead.

The pitch won't be ready before late July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back