• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worry surely is it won't be heard until 19 August. So what this means in the interim (even if it is dismissed because the claim is paid in full) I guess has a big impact on movement (signings) of players. Oh dear (again)

If you just ignore the bills they go away...That's how it works right?

Sometimes in business

- Decisions are hard
- You can't always pay the bills

But we will pay it soon so

- You shouldnt worry about it.

Uncle Ron

What annoys me about this is we are a larger club than the majority in League 2 (not the biggest, but above halfway) and therefore should have annual income in proportion to our size (give or take a small %age).

Why then, can't we manage our cash flow like most other clubs in the league? It's not as if we have a lot of unknown expenses or wildly unpredictable drops in income. The close season happens every year!

Looking on the positive side, we have two home friendlies coming up which should both pull in decent crowds, and both of the kits going on sale. That should hopefully ease our cashflow problems.

Well I wasn't expecting this before the season has even started.

How long until administration?

It looks like the club can forget about promotion, surviving this season will need a miracle.

I have had enough now.

No more games for me under the current regime

Thank God I haven't got a season ticket this year

Biggest worry surely has to be the amount of times sainsburys have bailed out the debt. Surely that money will be offset against what they are paying for Roots Hall!! Eventually there will be barely any left towards building FF
Or have I missed something ??

Time and Time again if its that's boring why bother with it .SOUTHEND UNITED are broke end of story until either fosset farm gets going or some rich sugardaddy comes in then this is news that will keep rearing its ugly head . As far as the money you know it that the money will be found .And as for Brown walking what was the point of him signing a 2 year contract .You are not telling me he didn't know the state of the club when he took the job on . Lets just hope this is just another blip in the life of SUFC.

Oh ! It must be the rent for Roots Hall and the training ground !! Oh ! Ron Martin pinched the assets,soon after arriving !!!!

Well I wasn't expecting this before the season has even started.

How long until administration?

It looks like the club can forget about promotion, surviving this season will need a miracle.

I have had enough now.

No more games for me under the current regime

Thank God I haven't got a season ticket this year

Why weren't you expecting it? If it's going to happen at any time it's going to be when there isn't any revenue coming in. In any case past experiences should have made it pretty obvious it was justa matter of time before it happened again.

We won't go into administration. If it was going to happen it would of done months and months ago. Far to much at stake for all parties to allow it to go pear shaped now.

How exactly is this situation going to have an impact on the coming season? Ok, we may not be able to get the players in when we want to now but the season hasn't even started yet. So many things throughout a season can conspire to put the kybosh on our promotion aspirations. This happening a month before the seasons started won't have any bearing on where we are come may next year.

I can pretty much guarantee that if we're up around the top three at Xmas you'll be back in a seat come 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. Fans a fickle things you know.

How exactly is this situation going to have an impact on the coming season? Ok, we may not be able to get the players in when we want to now but the season hasn't even started yet. So many things throughout a season can conspire to put the kybosh on our promotion aspirations. This happening a month before the seasons started won't have any bearing on where we are come may next year.

Sorry that is pants. We were in the same situation last year and got off to such a slow start that we were always playing catch up. Which we never really did.

Indeed ask Luggy how it impacted on last season. Most of his first choice targets (Stuart Nelson the goalie who went to Gills for example) went elsewhere because of the embargo.

What annoys me about this is we are a larger club than the majority in League 2 (not the biggest, but above halfway) and therefore should have annual income in proportion to our size (give or take a small %age).

Why then, can't we manage our cash flow like most other clubs in the league? It's not as if we have a lot of unknown expenses or wildly unpredictable drops in income. The close season happens every year!

How exactly would you like us to manage the cashflow? We have no cash coming in and lots of cash supposed to be going out. As I said earlier clubs are supposed to use things like season ticket revenue to tide themselves over the summer months but ours is long since spent.

I doubt theres a club in the lower leagues who doesn't have a huge cashflow deficit every single month. It's the nature of the industry. That other clubs aren't aren't in this mess doesn't mean that they're better organised than we are, or that we just forgot that there are bills due - it means that our Directors don't have the resources to cover the deficit.

I doubt many League 2 teams have had to cover all the Chairmans lifestyle over the past few years, whilst he has borrowed money at every corner from what assets the club had..IE: Roots Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back