• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This month, clearly it's HMRC's turn. I know how you feel, but by withdrawing your cash, you are just making things worse. Lower league football is not sustainable, and in 5/6 years time, it will all go part time and be regionalised anyway, so make the most of it while you can.

This month ? it seems to be their turn every month !

What I don't understand is, if Ron always comes up with the money in time (presumably from Sainsbury's) why can't he bring the cycle forward and get the money in time to pay them and preclude any embargoes, winding-up orders, damage to reputation. Or are Sainsbury's deliberately "keeping him in his place" by releasing funds at the very last minute possible to avoid the winding-up?

Some people have been saying lower League football is not sustainable and will go part time/regional for at least 5/6 years! In reality there are more full-time professional clubs in England than ever before.

It does help when you are being bankrolled by a sugar daddy. And getting 6,600 for a friendly is very nice but what about 3,000 gates for several years with League One wages to pay. To be fair, Col Ewe are living in a dream world and Cowling won't be around forever.

Yes Robbie has made a big difference in the last few years but he has been reducing what he puts into the club, in a couple of years time we will be living completely off our own earnings. The gates are poor but with all the other income streams now coming in at the WHCS we are much less reliant on Robbie than we were at Layer Road.The club is building towards a sustainable model in all areas, hopefully the academy will be able to produce good young players who will either fill 1st team places or be sold on for a profit. I do miss Layer Road but to be honest Colchester United is now in the strongest position financially it has probably ever been, the gates will rise in time if the club performs on the pitch.

Yes Robbie has made a big difference in the last few years but he has been reducing what he puts into the club, in a couple of years time we will be living completely off our own earnings. The gates are poor but with all the other income streams now coming in at the WHCS we are much less reliant on Robbie than we were at Layer Road.The club is building towards a sustainable model in all areas, hopefully the academy will be able to produce good young players who will either fill 1st team places or be sold on for a profit. I do miss Layer Road but to be honest Colchester United is now in the strongest position financially it has probably ever been, the gates will rise in time if the club performs on the pitch.

So what other streams does Col Us stadium have??? I thought it was owned by the council also??

So what other streams does Col Us stadium have??? I thought it was owned by the council also??

I work with a JW, they hired the Lego Stadium for then annual convention a few weekends back, apparently there were over 10,000 people there, maybe Cowling should rethink where he puts his money, the only time the stadium will be full this season.

This shouldn't be what's holding up the current signing, even under an umbongo we are alloud to sign plays until we are up to normal squad size..

Assuming Timlin agrees a new deal, we are up to 20....

Whether that means we are now unable to sign anymore, I am not sure.

I work with a JW, they hired the Lego Stadium for then annual convention a few weekends back, apparently there were over 10,000 people there, maybe Cowling should rethink where he puts his money, the only time the stadium will be full this season.

Yes the Jehovas Witnesses have hired the stadium for several years now, it is always packed out with the car park full and surrounding roads chocka bloc with cars. All the catering outlets and private bxs etc are going at full belt it must be a good little money spinner. This weekend it has been hired by UKIP for one of their regional meetings, Nigel Farage will be in town (So the bar takings should be good!) and of course the catering etc will be used all day.

I doubt many League 2 teams have had to cover all the Chairmans lifestyle over the past few years

Mr Cricko,

Not having a pop or anything but you obviously seem to know a lot about the financial affairs of the club.

Over the "last few years" can you tell me exactly how much it has cost Southend United to "cover all the chairmans lifestyle"?

You can send me the figure by PM if you'd prefer

Yes the Jehovas Witnesses have hired the stadium for several years now, it is always packed out with the car park full and surrounding roads chocka bloc with cars. All the catering outlets and private bxs etc are going at full belt it must be a good little money spinner. This weekend it has been hired by UKIP for one of their regional meetings, Nigel Farage will be in town (So the bar takings should be good!) and of course the catering etc will be used all day.

yep, but it's owned by the council right - it's the community stadium, so the money goes to the council right - not ColU!

If RM once more comes up with the cash needed before court day, then ok. If on the other hand he comes up with the money in court, there must be a limit on how many times the court will put up with this.

Yes the stadium is owned by the council but I think after we pay the rent to them much of what profit is made on events is given to the club and there are loads of things. The ground is used a lot for conferences, there are trade shows and all sorts of other stuff going on, they have just opened a cafe which is open all day every day to give them a bit more income and to increase awareness of what there is at the ground. take a look at the dedicated web site for more information although not everything is on there. We have taken over all the catering at the stadium from this season, it used to be run by an outside contractor but with it run internally now there will be better choice of food and drink and lower prices! We have just signed a new 5 year agreement with Greene King for the drinks side of things are the club is going to have branded beer relating to the club on offer and regular real ale beer festivals, there is one on the go at present during the pre season games.

http://www.colchesterstadiumexperience.com/events/events-gallery.aspx

As they will all be hitching down individually, if anyone of the squad happens to pass Saint Gaudens, I'll have a word with the wife, to see whether we can put them up for the night. I'm sure Barna will offer similar aid on the Barcelona side.

I'd be quite happy to accomodate any of the players even BBBC,(especially as our daughters are both in Buenos Aires on holiday at the moment, so we currently have two free bedrooms) but not the chairman.He can **** off. :winking:

Col U pay an annual rent fee to the stadium owners (Council) and then keep all revenue generated thought use of facilities including conference rooms, cafe, astroturf pitches etc - financially it's significant.

As for attendances - 10k sell out tonight against Spurs and ST sales significantly up on last season - our crowds may be small but are starting to grow again.

Yes the stadium is owned by the council but I think after we pay the rent to them much of what profit is made on events is given to the club and there are loads of things. The ground is used a lot for conferences, there are trade shows and all sorts of other stuff going on, they have just opened a cafe which is open all day every day to give them a bit more income and to increase awareness of what there is at the ground. take a look at the dedicated web site for more information although not everything is on there. We have taken over all the catering at the stadium from this season, it used to be run by an outside contractor but with it run internally now there will be better choice of food and drink and lower prices! We have just signed a new 5 year agreement with Greene King for the drinks side of things are the club is going to have branded beer relating to the club on offer and regular real ale beer festivals, there is one on the go at present during the pre season games.

http://www.colchesterstadiumexperience.com/events/events-gallery.aspx

Makes a bit more sense.. to be fair, a 10k crowd for pre season friendly is pretty good!

Col U pay an annual rent fee to the stadium owners (Council) and then keep all revenue generated thought use of facilities including conference rooms, cafe, astroturf pitches etc - financially it's significant.

As for attendances - 10k sell out tonight against Spurs and ST sales significantly up on last season - our crowds may be small but are starting to grow again.

That's what I understood as well NEWS, the gates are small but with success on the pitch I think they will get a lot bigger, they will never be huge, but as long as you budget for that and have other income it need not be a problem.

Just out of curiosity, Do you know how much the rent is?

Makes a bit more sense.. to be fair, a 10k crowd for pre season friendly is pretty good!

Yes it is a decent crowd although probably 5K of them are Spurs fans :smile: Hopefully they will come down listen to the band laid on for their entertainment outside the ground, drink some beer from the Ale festival areas outside before they get into the concourse and want more, and buy food from the barbeques that are set up in the car park.

Just out of curiosity, Do you know how much the rent is?

Not sure exactly but it was mentioned at one time by rumour it was around £200K per year, although that may be way out. When the stadium was built the council paid for the stadium which was built on council land, but the club paid for the fitting out of the interior and maintain everything now. They spent about a couple of million fitting it out and then had a massive upgrade of the pitch after all those issues we had with flooding etc, this was done by Premier Pitches and cost about £500K. http://premierpitches.com/our-clients/

10k is a good crowd but please remember 9,998 are there to see Spurs and not your lot (I allowed for you and C and p). I am not knocking the efforts of CUFC and I applaud the fact they have their shiny new stadium et al but the people of Colchester clearly prefer other sports to football such as webbed-hand ball, dag prodding and the Miss Plough-horse pageant.:raspberry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back