• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
so heres a solution why doesnt the suisa whose mission statement is to get bums on seats at roots hAll. come together with shrimpers trust to try and raise money for southend i am sure we could raise enough money to buy one of browns tArgets or
at least put the money down so minute embargo is lifted we are in
btw does anyone know if we have paid fl the wembley cash that would
worry me more than the tax
as fl could impose penalty on us

Sorry that is pants. We were in the same situation last year and got off to such a slow start that we were always playing catch up. Which we never really did.

Was the slow start down to not having the right players though? I wonder. Also, we've seen before that we can have a great start to a season and then watch it all go tits up later on and it having nothing to do with the players we started the season with.

Doe's anyone know whether any of PB's first choices have gone elsewhere? Perhaps this latest embargo is having little to no effect on the transfers we are negotiating. Thing is we don't know so making statements like we can kiss promotion goodbye this season because of this latest situation is in my opinion a tad rash.

Well I wasn't expecting this before the season has even started.

How long until administration?

It looks like the club can forget about promotion, surviving this season will need a miracle.

I have had enough now.

No more games for me under the current regime

Thank God I haven't got a season ticket this year

That's the spirit!

:duh:

If 1000 more people DIDN'T have your attitude and bought a season ticket to see the games for the club they claim to support, we wouldn't be facing a cash flow crisis.

When the chips are down, we can't really rely on our support base can we?

so heres a solution why doesnt the suisa whose mission statement is to get bums on seats at roots hAll. come together with shrimpers trust to try and raise money for southend i am sure we could raise enough money to buy one of browns tArgets or

Nice idea but any money raised would barely touch the debt, if getting 300k from Wembley didnt help I cant see the Trust being able to make an impact from emergency donations..

Getting bums on seats and matchdays back is the short term answer, and with friendlies and the season around the corner thats what will help.

Do you see there being that many people going? I see a fairly decent crowd for West Spam 5-6k but around 3k for QPR.

Even 8k x £5 is £40,000. Yes there will be bills to be paid to host those games, but those bills will go right to the bottom of the pile Im sure!

Your own first line answers your question. SUISA's aim is bums on seats --- this will take time and hopefully provide an increased income, it will not give an instant cure. SUISA doesn't have any funds being a free membership.

The Trust recently donated a large sum to the club to help the youth set-up ----- I don't think they have the massive resources required.

We're all on here speculating about our cash-flow issues and how the club intend to resolve them, but you know what would be nice? If the club were actually honest and told us what was going on in these situations, because I'm sure we don't know half of what is happening behind the scenes. Still, we can dream can't we. :sad:

(Of course, no news from the club is probably good news. The club don't want to scare anyone: players, staff, fans, potential signings... and have hopefully got everything under control enough that it doesn't warrant doing so. If/when they are open about something like this, that's when we know we're screwed. Nevertheless, as loyal fans and paying customers we really ought to know where our money is going.)

How long before Brown walks??
That's the interesting question, because I was shocked to hear him declare last week that it was time to delve into the coffers in order to make some signings - obviously he had not engaged in any due diligence before accepting the post (or was possibly too busy elsewhere). We cannot relax over this, as short-staffed as HMRC are, they are persuing what is obviously a dead duck in the water, and may find the resources (or a change of tact) very soon, in order to call a rather unsuccessfull businessman's bluff....

Well I wasn't expecting this before the season has even started.

How long until administration?

It looks like the club can forget about promotion, surviving this season will need a miracle.

I have had enough now.

No more games for me under the current regime

Thank God I haven't got a season ticket this year

Hmm.

The situation hasn't changed from yesterday, last month, or the month before that.

It's very simple. The club doesn;t have enough cash to cover all the bills every month. So it pays who it needs to pay on a priority basis. Maybe HMRC will have to wait for their cash, maybe the players, maybe (mostly) the staff, maybe local business creditors.

This month, clearly it's HMRC's turn. I know how you feel, but by withdrawing your cash, you are just making things worse. Lower league football is not sustainable, and in 5/6 years time, it will all go part time and be regionalised anyway, so make the most of it while you can.

Try and enjoy the football on the pitch because things are hopeless off it, that's been the only option for us all for years and this year is no different.

And to add, why the hell weren't you expecting it???

I am surprised the club didn't organise some big friendly games earlier in July to bring in cash, we got 6600+ for the West Ham game Tuesday night and it looks like a 10K sell out for Spurs tomorrow night it was £15 for adults so that has to mean quite a decent amount of money coming in, we also play Ipswich next Tuesday. Your matches against QPR and West Ham are a bit late in July really although of course they should still bring in some useful income before the season starts.

It does help when you are being bankrolled by a sugar daddy. And getting 6,600 for a friendly is very nice but what about 3,000 gates for several years with League One wages to pay. To be fair, Col Ewe are living in a dream world and Cowling won't be around forever.

We're all on here speculating about our cash-flow issues and how the club intend to resolve them, but you know what would be nice? If the club were actually honest and told us what was going on in these situations, because I'm sure we don't know half of what is happening behind the scenes. Still, we can dream can't we. :sad:

(Of course, no news from the club is probably good news. The club don't want to scare anyone: players, staff, fans, potential signings... and have hopefully got everything under control enough that it doesn't warrant doing so. If/when they are open about something like this, that's when we know we're screwed. Nevertheless, as loyal fans and paying customers we really ought to know where our money is going.)

What do you think that would achieve? Anything positive?

Indeed ask Luggy how it impacted on last season. Most of his first choice targets (Stuart Nelson the goalie who went to Gills for example) went elsewhere because of the embargo.

Stuart Nelson was one option, not necessarily first choice. There were other goalkeepers under consideration too. One of which was turned down by RM himself.

Stuart Nelson was one option, not necessarily first choice. There were other goalkeepers under consideration too. One of which was turned down by RM himself.

And that was?

For the record, Nelson was his first choice target.

Your own first line answers your question. SUISA's aim is bums on seats --- this will take time and hopefully provide an increased income, it will not give an instant cure. SUISA doesn't have any funds being a free membership.

The Trust recently donated a large sum to the club to help the youth set-up ----- I don't think they have the massive resources required.

The first aim & objective of SUISA's constitution is:-

Promote the support of Southend United

Couldn't SUISA mobilise it's membership to raise awareness in the Southend area of these forthcoming friendlies?

I respect that not having a warchest of any sort is a tad prohibitive, but people's time can be free.

This shouldn't be what's holding up the current signing, even under an umbongo we are alloud to sign plays until we are up to normal squad size..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back