• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure exactly but it was mentioned at one time by rumour it was around £200K per year, although that may be way out. When the stadium was built the council paid for the stadium which was built on council land, but the club paid for the fitting out of the interior and maintain everything now. They spent about a couple of million fitting it out and then had a massive upgrade of the pitch after all those issues we had with flooding etc, this was done by Premier Pitches and cost about £500K.

£200k a year is pretty decent, especially when you sold the naming rights on a 10 year deal for around £2m .... coincidence?

Yes it is a decent crowd although probably 5K of them are Spurs fans
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

Who are the other 5,000 then? :winking:

Brown won't walk. He's drinking in the last chance saloon. Fail here and he won't get a management job again.

so we will be able to sign players if and when we need to?

i think its about time BIG RON answered why he doesnt pay HMRC early every time to save all this hassle!! Its making the club an embarrassment

so we will be able to sign players if and when we need to?

i think its about time BIG RON answered why he doesnt pay HMRC early every time to save all this hassle!! Its making the club an embarrassment

I can answer for him, the club is making no money and he cant afford to pay them on time everytime..

And no, this doesnt mean the embargo is lifted.

I can answer for him, the club is making no money and he cant afford to pay them on time everytime..

And no, this doesnt mean the embargo is lifted.

surely if a club is really struggling to make any money during the summer we'd have more Home friendly's against Bigger opposition. We Could of had a premier league side every Saturday in July at Roots Hall even if it was just an XI people would have gone! Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea all have big enough squads to send out a couple of sides

surely if a club is really struggling to make any money during the summer we'd have more Home friendly's against Bigger opposition. We Could of had a premier league side every Saturday in July at Roots Hall even if it was just an XI people would have gone! Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea all have big enough squads to send out a couple of sides

We didnt have a pitch to play on though.

Also, these clubs all charge fees to play them, and most people arent going to go to more than one or two friendlies.

Please change thread to HMRC paid yet again then remove this pointless and annoying nonsense to the finances section where it belongs. We were a day or two late again- no tolerance for HMRCs abuse of the court process in lieu of them utlising an accounts receivable process like everyone else.

Please change thread to HMRC paid yet again then remove this pointless and annoying nonsense to the finances section where it belongs. We were a day or two late again- no tolerance for HMRCs abuse of the court process in lieu of them utlising an accounts receivable process like everyone else.

I know how dare they.

I mean we are so regular with our payments and we only built up debts of £2,000,000 when they didnt play hard ball.

You should be thankful they do force us to pay bills or we wouldnt bother and wouldnt have Sainsbury to pay the bill in the future.

You support HMRCs view I will support my clubs.
its a shame Ron isn't one of those who can simply have a cosy candle lit dinner with the Head of HMRC like others do and agree we need to pay no or little taxes at all..
i guess you would have no issues either if you were 48 hours late paying any of your bills rather than being dealt with via the billers AR process they all simply took you to court every time
My view
you have different one and that's fine

i won't be contributing to this thread any more or doing anything that keeps it prominent- does nothing but damage my club at a time when we don't need it.

I know how dare they.

I mean we are so regular with our payments and we only built up debts of £2,000,000 when they didnt play hard ball.

You should be thankful they do force us to pay bills or we wouldnt bother and wouldnt have Sainsbury to pay the bill in the future.

Still, it is extremely heavy-handed on the part of HMRC to do this if we're a day or two overdue. They should be pro-active with clubs and it is outrageous that we (and probably three quarters of the other clubs in the League) abused their lenience for so long but this action does nothing but waste the time of the Court and kick us whilst we're down.

It would be interesting to know whether the Club attempt to communicate with HMRC if they know that the money isn't going to be with them until a few days into the month.

You support HMRCs view I will support my clubs.
its a shame Ron isn't one of those who can simply have a cosy candle lit dinner with the Head of HMRC like others do and agree we need to pay no or little taxes at all..
i guess you would have no issues either if you were 48 hours late paying any of your bills rather than being dealt with via the billers AR process they all simply took you to court every time
My view
you have different one and that's fine

i won't be contributing to this thread any more or doing anything that keeps it prominent- does nothing but damage my club at a time when we don't need it.

We made our bed and are now laying in it.

We are habitual non-payers and built up over £2,000,000 of debt. We had our chances and we took the mickey. Its hardly a schocker they dont give us any leeway any more.

If I was late paying a bill and got taken to court Id be livid, if I did it for years then Id accept it.

Still, it is extremely heavy-handed on the part of HMRC to do this if we're a day or two overdue. They should be pro-active with clubs and it is outrageous that we (and probably three quarters of the other clubs in the League) abused their lenience for so long but this action does nothing but waste the time of the Court and kick us whilst we're down.

It would be interesting to know whether the Club attempt to communicate with HMRC if they know that the money isn't going to be with them until a few days into the month.

It is heavy handed, but what can we expect with our history. If they werent heavy handed do you think we would have paid the bill today? I doubt it personally...

I'm afraid I agree with Beefy in that it appears heavy handed but thats because it feels like a personal attack on my club. On the flip side I cant fault Jam Mans argument and if HMRC get the best results by putting the frighteners on and it prevents the debt being run up further then all well and good. I am sure RM would like to pay it on time and hopefully some time in the future he will be able to do so but for now he has to take care of the debt as and when finances allow.

May I take this opportunity to point out (if it hasn't already) that the date of the court hearing is 19 August 2013. Payments are due to HMRC on the 19th of each month. If Ron doesn't pay the amount due today or on the 19th August, HMRC would still at liberty to point this out to the Judge and not withdraw the petition, due to the Debtor still owing sums outstanding.

Just my 2p.

I'm afraid I agree with Beefy in that it appears heavy handed but thats because it feels like a personal attack on my club. On the flip side I cant fault Jam Mans argument and if HMRC get the best results by putting the frighteners on and it prevents the debt being run up further then all well and good. I am sure RM would like to pay it on time and hopefully some time in the future he will be able to do so but for now he has to take care of the debt as and when finances allow.

Thats the thing, it isnt personal.

We took advantage of the system over years and are now paying the price for that.

The scary thing in all this is we brought in 300k profit from Wembley only 3 months ago and were meant to break even yet still cant pay bills.

Thats the thing, it isnt personal.

We took advantage of the system over years and are now paying the price for that.

The scary thing in all this is we brought in 300k profit from Wembley only 3 months ago and were meant to break even yet still cant pay bills.

You are quite right which is why I carefully used the words 'appears' and 'feels' in reference to it being personal. Because as fans we have an emotive relationship with the club it can colour our judgement.
HMRC are doing their job and RM is doing his to the best of his ability. Some will disagree with the methods of both parties but hopefully the end will justify the means.
In Utopia none of this would exist but in the real world it does.

I work with a JW, they hired the Lego Stadium for then annual convention a few weekends back, apparently there were over 10,000 people there, maybe Cowling should rethink where he puts his money, the only time the stadium will be full this season.
They have sold out for tonights game against spurs .They also played westspam and got about 6500 how we could do with spurs and westspam bringing down first teams:'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back