• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anthony Straker

Ozzer

Coach⭐⭐
Just come on for Motherwell against Rangers at left back and looking well out of position.

they seem to show a lot of Motherwell games I think he has been consistant ,well,the times I have seen him

You have literally made this up.

No.... the rubbish bit is my opinion but the attitude bit is true.

This seasons team has had the best commitment over ability I have seen at this club. If there's one area no one can criticise PB its the attitude and fitness of our team. He certainly won't have anyone at the club who takes the p***.

This season I have had no regrets spending my money at the Hall, which I can assure you has not always been the case.

No.... the rubbish bit is my opinion but the attitude bit is true.

This seasons team has had the best commitment over ability I have seen at this club. If there's one area no one can criticise PB its the attitude and fitness of our team. He certainly won't have anyone at the club who takes the p***.

This season I have had no regrets spending my money at the Hall, which I can assure you has not always been the case.

So how do you know Strakes had a bad attitude?

I've never heard that before.

No me neither. His ability is up for debate but if you are going to criticise a players attitude you might want to provide some thing to back that up with.

So how do you know Strakes had a bad attitude?

I've never heard that before.

Sorry mate can't reveal my sources, but I was told first hand from two different people so no surprise when he went

And if he stays at Motherwell, he'll almost certainly be playing in the SPL next season. Unlucky Rangers.

Sorry mate can't reveal my sources, but I was told first hand from two different people so no surprise when he went

Seems weird that a player who was liked by the majority of the team and was also offered a contract by us before he left has a bad attitude but I'll trust your sources more than mine.

But was rubbish and had a bad attitude, which was why PB binned him

Utter rubbish. We offered him a new deal which he rejected as he wanted a 2 year deal (which York offered him)

He may have had a bad attitude, but I've never heard that before and PB didn't bin him, he took a better option for himself.

Seems weird that a player who was liked by the majority of the team and was also offered a contract by us before he left has a bad attitude but I'll trust your sources more than mine.

Apparently he was not to keen on some of PB's new fitness programme and was not afraid to let people know. One way to move a player on would be to offer a contract that would be less than he expects or is in fact less than he is already on... Just suggesting

Apparently he was not to keen on some of PB's new fitness programme and was not afraid to let people know. One way to move a player on would be to offer a contract that would be less than he expects or is in fact less than he is already on... Just suggesting

Or don't offer a contract at all:unsure:

As Pubey says, that makes no sense whatsoever.

We were under no obligation to keep him, if his attitude was that bad we just would have released him. Why offer him a contract that he could still accept and be lumbered with him for another year.

Straker left because he wasnt good enough to warrant a first team place, we were happy to keep him on as cover hence the new contract but he wanted more than that so left, and can't blame him for that.

As Pubey says, that makes no sense whatsoever.

We were under no obligation to keep him, if his attitude was that bad we just would have released him. Why offer him a contract that he could still accept and be lumbered with him for another year.

Straker left because he wasnt good enough to warrant a first team place, we were happy to keep him on as cover hence the new contract but he wanted more than that so left, and can't blame him for that.

Sounds the obvious way I agree. However as we all know there is often skulduggery involved in football contracts, just look at the PB/Martin situation in the last 9 months. One thing is certain though, if we had wanted to keep Straker we could have matched anything offered by York city.

I have never heard any rumours that Straker might be a bad egg. I don't remember anyone posting anything about this on SZ previously.

Here is a quote from the man that signed Straker for Motherwell:

Motherwell boss Ian Baraclough told the club's official website: "Anthony is someone who I have known for some time now and I am delighted to get him on board.
"He is versatile enough to play either at left-back or pushed on one at left midfield. He is full of energy, has got pace and a lot of experience being involved in promotion-winning teams down south as well as playing international football.
"Most importantly though he is hungry to play and show what he can do. He's the type of character we need at the moment."

Back