• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Once the dust has settled on the season it will be interesting to see who is released. Flood may well be one of them but I am sure a few surprises will be included.

Have not seen him play so cannot comment on his ability but does seem strange for a club struggling for money that we sign so many players and never give them a real chance to shine.

I am sure that Sturrock saw something in him but maybe that has not continued. Hope for him that he makes it when "On Loan" so that he may progress his career.

What a complete and utter waste of time and resources. To be fair to the lad he never got a chance.

He's had a chance every day in training.

It would have been a waste of time and resources had we knows on day one that he wasn't good enough. Sturrock obviously thought he was worth a punt but then we signed another striker and Flood wasn't deemed as good as him.

We're shopping in the bargain basement. Whilst yes sometimes we may stumble across an undiscovered gem, usually what we buy will turn out to be rubbish.

It would have been a waste of time and resources had we knows on day one that he wasn't good enough. Sturrock obviously thought he was worth a punt but then we signed another striker and Flood wasn't deemed as good as him.

We're shopping in the bargain basement. Whilst yes sometimes we may stumble across an undiscovered gem, usually what we buy will turn out to be rubbish.

I agree with you to the extent that in the financial position and league we are in, we have to look to the lower leagues etc at players we can bring to the club. Like you say, some may turn out to be rubbish, and some may turn out to be gems, i.e getting Eastwood the first time around from Grays.

The only reason I personally feel while this was a waste of time is that the guy got no chance to prove himself competitively. I don't know what he was like in training, but if we brought him to the club in the first place, I presume that he wasn't completely rubbish.

I'm not saying Flood is anywhere near this standard, but it makes me think of Kightly who arguably didn't get too much time on the pitch to show his worth, and now he is at Wolves. Fair enough, Kightly was young and not many people could have seen it coming, but the point I am trying to make is that Flood wasn't given the opportunity on the pitch, and IMO we should have thrown him on when we had little else up front.

Sorry for the essay haha.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume he's properly "gone", Sturrock's seen him play in the ressys, and he's done ok there but as I said in the comments I made of the match against Oxford reserves, he is very raw. Maybe sending him out on loan until we know what is happening with our strikers isn't such a bad idea?

Once the dust has settled on the season it will be interesting to see who is released. Flood may well be one of them but I am sure a few surprises will be included.

Have not seen him play so cannot comment on his ability but does seem strange for a club struggling for money that we sign so many players and never give them a real chance to shine.

I am sure that Sturrock saw something in him but maybe that has not continued. Hope for him that he makes it when "On Loan" so that he may progress his career.

What a complete and utter waste of time and resources. To be fair to the lad he never got a chance.

He has been given months in training and reserve games. The manager makes a decision on whether he is right for the team before he plays for the team, not after.

As a waste of time and resources, really ? What time has been wasted ? What resources other than his wages which wont have been a lot.

At this level you have to take a chance now and again, not every player is the finished article and if he was he wouldnt have been free.

Well he never got much of a chance to show what he could do in a competitive match did he?

If you arent showing you are good enough in training why would he put him in the team ?

Any player has to earn his place in the side on the training pitch, if he doesnt do so he doesnt play. You cant use first team games to trial players that havent shown they are ready.

Wish Id read that, would have saved me typing :)

Last edited:
Back