• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anton Ferdinand loan move to Bursaspor

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
How long before he encounters some racial comment with real threat and menace? Must say, I'm surprised he took a move to Turkey, they're not exactly renowned for their tolerance. Am sure it won't be too long before he'll take the context of what Terry allegedly said as actually not that malicious after all in comparison.

How long before he encounters some racial comment with real threat and menace? Must say, I'm surprised he took a move to Turkey, they're not exactly renowned for their tolerance. Am sure it won't be too long before he'll take the context of what Terry allegedly said as actually not that malicious after all in comparison.

I don't think he ever did take what Terry said as malicious or threatening. It was still racial abuse (in the eyes of the FA at least). Just because it wasn't said at knifepoint in some backstreet in Istanbul doesn't make it acceptable what Terry did, and the context is pretty irrelevant IMO. If you shout racist words in sentences with lots of swearing at someone of that race, then it's racial abuse in my eyes.

I always find it pretty cringeworthy when people are quick to slag off Turkey/Serbia et al when it's pretty obvious that we haven't got our own house in order. There's racial abuse coming from the pitch and the stands. Let's try and lead by example.

Our house is far far more sorted in house than other countries.

I put far in that sentence twice to really emphasise how far...

Ive heard literally one racist comment in the last 10 years at Roots Hall. Of course it happens but not like it does abroad.

Our house is far far more sorted in house than other countries.

I put far in that sentence twice to really emphasise how far...

I'm not disagreeing, but I don't think our perceived 'snobbery' helps. Countries like Turkey, Serbia and Russia obviously do have major issues, the likes of which I don't think we even saw in England in the 70s and 80s, however we have to be careful with how we come across because those 'attitudes' are socially ingrained, and not just specific to football.

Random. Chance to get a sun tan and play first team football and think you are good.

Considering fellow Englishman, goalkeeper Scott Carson plays for Bursaspor. I'm sure Anton would have probably spoken to him before confirming a move over there

Scott Carson and Anton Ferdinand? I bet this weekend opposition strikers are rubbing their hands in anticipation.

Their next game is against Galatasaray, who have just signed Drogba and Sneijder. Easy game for Ferdinand then!

I'm not disagreeing, but I don't think our perceived 'snobbery' helps. Countries like Turkey, Serbia and Russia obviously do have major issues, the likes of which I don't think we even saw in England in the 70s and 80s, however we have to be careful with how we come across because those 'attitudes' are socially ingrained, and not just specific to football.

You really haven't got a clue,have you?

Did you actually see any UK football back in the 70's and 80's?

Back