• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
According to CP.

Last edited:
Signs new contract - Brilliant news, hugely important to us on and off the pitch.

2 years - Not 100% convinced, especially if it's big money before appearances are taken into account. Can certainly see why the likes of Thompson and Atkinson may not have been too happy getting the same length offer.

The fact Pete Rourke just broke the news before Chis Phillips shows he does have good connections and proves to me further that Lenny's agent put out the story released on HITC last night.

You only have to look how much Thommo improved playing alongside him to realise he is a massive asset to our team. Brilliant news if it happens.

2 years?! The bloke can barely run now!

Still a good addition to the side and a good leader! Need a decent young CB alongside him now.

He didn't get a pre-season last year and had not played regularly the year before. With a pre-season he will be even better.Had to rsh off and check his DOB as I though from the surprise at a 2 year deal he must be mid 30s- only to find he is only 32 and this contract takes him until he is 34.

Good signing and strong message. Understand Thomo was younger and could have delivered long term but he has a way to go before he brings what Ferdinand does to a team. As I say I think a good pre-season will really help him.

It is good news if he actually signs it. Aren't we still waiting for Macca to sign his new 3 year deal? Anyway 2 years is about right. Will be big money for us so any longer would be a risk & I'll bet he wouldn't hang around for just 1 year at his age. But 32 nowadays is ok, many go on into their mid-30's. I think he has a running style that looks laboured rather than him being knackered. With a decent pre-season he should be fine. Someone put a pen in his hand now.

I'm very happy with this as he's a big part of the team. He's only 32 so has a good couple of years left in him....... He lives in the Essex area so is obviously happy to see out his career at the club.

As others have said, he hasn't had a full pre season for years, yet we got 30 odd games out of him which is credit to our back room team.

Back