• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have a long held ambition to write a book and am now finally starting to do something about it.

My theme is not unique, it will be on getting to the 92 current league grounds, but I am not anticipating writing a best-seller, more that I want to get something 'out of my system'.

I had always planned for it to be one which starts at Roots Hall with 1/92 (back in the early 70's) and ends with 92/92 at our new ground. That just seemed to me to give a nice loop. However, 'Fantasy Farm' could be donkey's years away yet and i can't wait forever, so the plan now is for 92/92 to be for our visit to Blackpool in April. Currently on 85/92, I have a few contrived trips planned to get to my goal before then (starting at Middlesboro tomorrow).

I have just started the writing process - the nature of my job (gardener) means that I have more time in the winter so this should all fit in well. The plan will be to publish asap after the Blackpool game.

I have no illusions about a megga publishing deal, I am thinking that the route to go will be one of the self-publishing options that exist now. I am not really looking to make any money by this, just covering the costs would be nice.

One of my friends, a Leeds die-hard, publishes one book a year on the ups and downs of following his team so i will be getting some tips from him. But I would really like to speak to anyone else who has gone through the publishing experience as the more hints I can get the better.

Maybe a meet up before a game would be good - my publishing cost budget should extend to the cost of buying a pint!

Help anyone?

PS: save a few pennies for a book stocking-filler for Xmas 2016!

Sod hardcopy publishing, go digital. Less costs, wider audience, easier marketing. For something that niche it's far more economical, and saves you having stacks of unsold stock ten years from now. Ebook self-publishing is ridiculously easy, as evidenced by the sheer amount of tripe one finds on the kindle store.

Haha, yes. I've started loads but never finished any. Still planning that next blockbuster :smile:

FBM has and Dave Goody has also had many a book on the glorious blues published

I have had a few books written about me and retain a small legal team to deal with any new ones.

The Trust has published a few, including the recent Malta Tour one by Paul Fitz, plus Rob Noxious (as already pointed out), Badger_Shrimp and, of course, Chris Phillips. Welcome to come and discuss with us pre-match in the Shrimpers.

The Trust has published a few, including the recent Malta Tour one by Paul Fitz, plus Rob Noxious (as already pointed out), Badger_Shrimp and, of course, Chris Phillips. Welcome to come and discuss with us pre-match in the Shrimpers.

Enjoyed the Malta Tour and Chris Philips' magnum opus, (which is currently in Rob Noxious's possesion).

Couldn't possibly comment on the quality of RN's book, (though I do have a rare unsigned copy). :winking:

The awkward moment when you have to point out you've never finished nor signed a book... unfortunate similarity in initials there.

Yes mate, first book published by Hodder and second contracted and in progress, pm me if you want any advice.

Also speak to slipperduke if he still posts here he has a book in the shops too

Back