• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone flying with Qantas any day soon?

Being afraid of flying, and hearing these stories this week, i'm going to be getting very drunk before flying to Stansted on August 9th :whistling:

Im also afraid of flying and going the other way on the 18th :unsure:

I read yesterday (I think) that Qantas have never had a fatality, sounds like they are doing their best to rectify that position.

That was why Raymond would only fly with them in the film - and thanks Harry, knew I could rely on you!

Im also afraid of flying and going the other way on the 18th :unsure:

Few tequilas mate beforehand...easy peasy on the flying front then :D

Then they wont let you on the plane sir!

Anyway flying is the safest form of transport!

If they wont let me on the plane, can you pretend to be irish shrimper for the peterborough game? Its very easy really...just put on a bit of an accent and put various pots of gold around the spread. Nice one mate ;)

If they wont let me on the plane, can you pretend to be irish shrimper for the peterborough game? Its very easy really...just put on a bit of an accent and put various pots of gold around the spread. Nice one mate ;)

Does that mean I would have to drink tequila aswell though? :puke

Does that mean I would have to drink tequila aswell though? :puke

No. But it does mean you have to refrain from giving the old rock sign with the fingers for the day. Oh and wear a green hat too. Hope thats not too much of an inconvenience mate.

Robbie Keane will be very happy with your efforts ;)

Qantas have a fantastic reputation as one of the safest airlines in the world. Its unfortunate that these two incidents have occured within days of each other but this will make Qantas more effiecient and will kick their arses into gear again to look at all aspects of their airline. I for one prefer to fly Qantas than most other airlines.

Flying is the safest mode of transport, these incidents happen on a very rare and odd occasion, but when they do happen its normally one after the other. I have been in Aviation for 4 years and haven't witnessed anything major. *Touches Wood* Qantas are a very good company and I just think it is unlucky this has happened, but don't believe everything you read in the press they make a meal out of everything.

The crash we had at the airport the other day read that we had to cut the passengers out of the aircraft. Funny that because I was on a night that day and spoke to the guys on the incident and they all walked out fit and well. Making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Then they wont let you on the plane sir!

Anyway flying is the safest form of transport!

I actually went on a fear of flying course a few years back. I went to accompany my neighbour who really was scared of flying, and because it was just when I was about to start learning to fly, and I wanted to get some advice from the BA pilot who was running it.

What I learned from the course is that the fear is of the unknown; the noises, the terminology and the what if's. Just like every phobia, there is no rational reason for it.

Flying is indeed the safest form of transport, but facts like that don't really help get people in planes because they already know that. What they don't know is the answer to the "what ifs", and the "what was that noise" type questions.

No-one, for example, has pointed out the engineering excellence that allowed a 747 with a gaping hole in the side to stay in the air and land safely. Well done Boeing, that was simply heroic.

Back