• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone want to get involved in Coaching?

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
We are looking for a few new football coaches to take on new mini soccer teams at Manor.

No experience necessary. Full support given towards F.A. Level 1 coaching badges and beyond.

About 1 1/2 hours on a Saturday morning and an hour or so for a match on a Sunday morning required. Over 18's with a driving license preferred.

A pretty rewarding role helping develop future stars.

Chapperz for instance took up a role coaching an new U8 side of ours. Under his guidance they are developing massively and getting some ridiculously good results. They only formed in the summer and the progression they have made is astounding.

Give us a shout if you or a mate fancy getting involved.

Would genuinely love to do this, but I'm guessing you'd have to commit every Saturday? Work in the city and have to work one Saturday 9am-1pm every month so no real way round it.

Would genuinely love to do this, but I'm guessing you'd have to commit every Saturday? Work in the city and have to work one Saturday 9am-1pm every month so no real way round it.

Is it just once a month you can't do Saturday mornings? Are you free on Sundays?

I'd be willing to help you out with training and take them on my own when you are working as long as you can do the matches on Sunday on your own as I might have my own match at the same time.

Is it just once a month you can't do Saturday mornings? Are you free on Sundays?

I'd be willing to help you out with training and take them on my own when you are working as long as you can do the matches on Sunday on your own as I might have my own match at the same time.

Yeah just once a month. Always free on Sunday though.

Cheers for the offer mate, will have to have a think about it and let Smiffy know. Don't want to commit myself to it just yet as I'm not 100% sure I can!

Do you take the training on your own then?

If you don't mind I would add a word of caution - we have major problems this week with my lads team & coach - all over another parent saying she thought she heard my lad making comments to hers - without going into detail what i'm trying to say is there is a lot more to this than getting a bunch of kids to stick the ball in the net & the amount of time & dedication required is substantial - I couldn't do it & I have much respect for those that can.

Yeah just once a month. Always free on Sunday though.

Cheers for the offer mate, will have to have a think about it and let Smiffy know. Don't want to commit myself to it just yet as I'm not 100% sure I can!

Do you take the training on your own then?

Fair enough, it is quite a commitment.

I do training on my own and it is fine, but that is purely down to age and the numbers who turn up. At u8s, it is only 5-a-side so I get 10/11 at most turn up to training so the numbers side is manageable.

If you are doing an older age group, you will have more players and it could become very difficult to do it on your own.

If you don't mind I would add a word of caution - we have major problems this week with my lads team & coach - all over another parent saying she thought she heard my lad making comments to hers - without going into detail what i'm trying to say is there is a lot more to this than getting a bunch of kids to stick the ball in the net & the amount of time & dedication required is substantial - I couldn't do it & I have much respect for those that can.

This is also true and it really does depend on the players you get and parents.

What I would do is to try and get the parents on your side within the first 2 weeks, make them know you are approachable and they can contact you if you have any problems or concerns no matter how big or small they are. Parents give up their time for their kids and you have to appreciate that. It is a lot easier if you get them on side quickly.

As for the kids, out line the rules before each training session and match and let them know the consequences if they break any of them. What I do is I ask them to tell me the rules at the start, that way it shows they know and understand what is expected of them. You may get 1 or 2 that are a problem, but as they know what will happen if they don't obey the rules then they can't complain.

Yes - agree with all that & you sound like you know your onions . Our guy is new this year & is doing a great job , however on this issue the communication system has gone totally wrong and what should have been a minor issue has become a worry for the last few days - thankfully I think it will be sorted out by the weekend & we can all carry on but it did bring home to me that you really need a lot of skills to do this job.

We are looking for a few new football coaches to take on new mini soccer teams at Manor.

No experience necessary. Full support given towards F.A. Level 1 coaching badges and beyond.

About 1 1/2 hours on a Saturday morning and an hour or so for a match on a Sunday morning required. Over 18's with a driving license preferred.

A pretty rewarding role helping develop future stars.

Chapperz for instance took up a role coaching an new U8 side of ours. Under his guidance they are developing massively and getting some ridiculously good results. They only formed in the summer and the progression they have made is astounding.

Give us a shout if you or a mate fancy getting involved.

Some cracking football and results are coming out of Daves team its a real joy to watch.

Getting into coaching was the best thing I have ever none. Getting involved with Smiffy and the team at manor has really made me full back in love with the game.
I have been involved in this season new U10 Pumas where I have witness a great improvement/development in the boys, we certainly haven’t broken any records yet but at that age its all about having fun and improving each week.

I would highly recommended signing up you will not be disappointed

Yes - agree with all that & you sound like you know your onions . Our guy is new this year & is doing a great job , however on this issue the communication system has gone totally wrong and what should have been a minor issue has become a worry for the last few days - thankfully I think it will be sorted out by the weekend & we can all carry on but it did bring home to me that you really need a lot of skills to do this job.

Thanks, I got some sound advice from some people when I went on the FA courses. The Youth Modules especially were very informative if you go in with an open mind. It is good that you are getting it sorted quickly, I've been playing at some clubs when I was in youth football where I'd tell the coach about a problem/concern and nothing would get done. That is the main reason why I wanted to be clear and approachable.

Some cracking football and results are coming out of Daves team its a real joy to watch.

Getting into coaching was the best thing I have ever none. Getting involved with Smiffy and the team at manor has really made me full back in love with the game.
I have been involved in this season new U10 Pumas where I have witness a great improvement/development in the boys, we certainly haven’t broken any records yet but at that age its all about having fun and improving each week.

100% this!!

Watching them enjoying the game and having fun is very rewarding. Makes all the hard work you put into training and the matches worthwhile.

Puntastic Ginge!

Come on chaps, give it a go. If you don't enjoy it then you can go back to just watching Phil Brown's exciting brand of football. :thumbsup:

PS; We won "Best Sports Club in Essex" and "Sports Club of the Year" Runner up in the last couple of months, so you aren't getting involved with any Mickey Mouse club here. :winking:

Oh and a good amount of our kids are feeding into the SUFC Academy at the moment, so you will be helping to produce a future Shrimper with any luck.

Puntastic Ginge!

Come on chaps, give it a go. If you don't enjoy it then you can go back to just watching Phil Brown's exciting brand of football. :thumbsup:

PS; We won "Best Sports Club in Essex" and "Sports Club of the Year" Runner up in the last couple of months, so you aren't getting involved with any Mickey Mouse club here. :winking:

Oh and a good amount of our kids are feeding into the SUFC Academy at the moment, so you will be helping to produce a future Shrimper with any luck.

Didnt even notice that :duh:

And to give Chapperz an even bigger head he currently has three boys training within the Academy. so you
can see the possible talent you could end up working with as a first time coach.

Back