• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barry.C

Manager⭐⭐
I am sure we will all agree it is absolutely fantastic to see Leicester win the league and especially beat the big boys with all the money!
it gives me hope for us if as is likely we are nowhere near next years top ten spenders in league one.
how did Leicester do it? And could we learn anything from it or actually want to?
leicester will now go up to compete in the Champions league, we want to go up to the Championship.
First up they had one midfielder and one forward who contributed 48 assists and goals out of 64 scored. They offered a CREATIVE and Goal threat, with calm scoring in front of goal.
Secondly this was achieved by selecting good hard working LOW COST signings, players with the right mentality. Total heart and soul as Ranieri calls it. "We don't need superstars" he said.
Thirdly on the pitch a clear and consistent strategy based on shunning possession, sitting deep and killing teams with pace on the counter attack. As part of this the team/squad are superbly organised with acknowledged SLOW defenders with experience who can read the game very well. It certainly wasn't boring!
Fourthly and crucially the Manager offers CALM authority from his experience, taking the pressure off players. Ranieri has cast aside his TINKERMAN reputation. He has made the least changes to system and the starting line up than any other manager in the league, believing continuity is key!
Spirit , heart and soul. Have we got all the above attributes, what do you think? Are they worth having?
As Leicester step up to the next level it is thought they will continue to do well with the above approach, but will need to strengthen the quality in depth, maintain the creativity in midfield and bring in another striker with PACE
Sorry this is long but what say you shrimpers, how do we compare and should we attempt to emulate in any way?

I think it's a fascinating precedent Leicester and Athletico Madrid have set. If you have pace up top, and are an effective counter attacking team, then it's actually better to have 35-40% possession. Goes against all logic and what you were taught as a kid.

Anything we can learn from Leicester? Absolutely.

Get the owner to pump £100 million into the club whilst at the same time circumventing the Financial Fair Play Rules.

Despite that, it is wonderful for football that a team almost relegated one season can actually break the monopoly of those few "big" clubs.

Buy the players pizza when they keep a clean sheet.

And fish and chips for the strikers

Okazaki puts his goalscoring form down to discovering fish andchips while at Leicester.

"I like fish and chips!" Okazaki said."I have them sometimes, maybe once every two weeks, then I am happy. Nowwhen I have scored I want some fish and chips. It is better than pizza."

The problem with Ron is he cant finacially take us beyond div1, although i believe he has backed PB, getting into the Champ and beyond is going to take money he just hasnt got, imo of course.

1/Pace up top
2/442
3/keep the same team
4/ attack with speed and in numbers
5/ leave 2 up when defending corners
6/get the ball forward

Stick to the same formation each week and not change it three times every game.

Back