• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AP McCoy 4000 not out

Blueronron

Manager
AP is the jump version of Lester Piggott when it comes to a finish and absolutely delighted he made 4000 winners to day.

Imho not as graceful as Johnny Francome in the saddle or as skillful as Jonjo O'Neill but a punters pal and just wonder could he make it 5000 before he hangs up his boots

Well done AP a bookies nightmare I would guess

You obviously need to sober up or donot understand these guys who risk their life everyday and care more for the horses than you probably do with members of your family

The jockeys risk both their life and that of the horse. I wouldn't want my family to undertake dangerous sports, so not sure how that works. Jump racing is too dangerous for horses IMO, and I'm not really an animal cruelty nutter.

A horse dies every other day from jump racing (over 1000 deaths in less than 6 years). AP McCoy has a record of 25 horse deaths.
http://www.horsedeathwatch.com/

So on your logic horse jumping should be banned due to the deaths of horses who are unable to say No to jumping

Shall we cull all dogs or the owners as I'm sure there are stats on dogs who maul to death children or elderly people which equate to many more horses that sadly die on a race course

UTS

So on your logic horse jumping should be banned due to the deaths of horses who are unable to say No to jumping
at the very least it should be a lot safer. if that's not possible, then yes.

Shall we cull all dogs or the owners as I'm sure there are stats on dogs who maul to death children or elderly people which equate to many more horses that sadly die on a race course
not sure where you've got those stats from. a 10 second search on google found that since 2005 there have been 17 deaths from dog attacks. 200,000 people were bitten in that time. If a dog is dangerous then it should be destroyed and its owner prosecuted. I also think that dogs should be kept on a leash in public parks (not sure how practical that is though).

You're deflecting the debate by bringing up dogs because it's a different issue. Do you think it's ok that 1000 horses have died in horse jump races in the past 6 years?

No one wants to see horses killed or any self respecting horse goer but it was you who stated AP was a horse murderer, when all he does is ride for a living
We will never agree so have to agree to disagree and I will not respond in a pointless debate which has gone off topic to say a great achievement by one of our finest sportsman
UTS

Back