• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

appeal dismissed

coventryshrimper

Youth Team
The FA have rejected Chesterfield's appeal over saturday's red card and I have to admit to being rather amused at this news.

Shame they haven't increased the ban for such a frivolous appeal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (coventryshrimper @ Feb. 21 2006,17:41)]The FA have rejected Chesterfield's appeal over saturday's red card and I have to admit to being rather amused at this news.

Shame they haven't increased the ban for such a frivolous appeal.
The FA should be taken out shot, they really are a hopeless bunch of old farts! Though I am very grateful for the 3 points, there was no way it was a red card.

That's a shame, he could have faced ColU soon couldn't he?

At the end of the day the shot was goal bound and looked to me like the ball was stopped by his arm, and taht means red card!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (maldonblue @ Feb. 21 2006,18:32)]At the end of the day the shot was goal bound and looked to me like the ball was stopped by his arm, and taht means red card!
Not according to the Laws of the game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In Fifa's Laws of the Game 2005, Law 12 says a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)".

Page 67 of the document gives "additional information for referees, assistant referees and fourth officials".

It adds: "Referees are reminded that deliberately handling the ball is normally punished only by a direct free-kick or penalty kick if the offence occurred inside the penalty area.

"A caution or dismissal is not normally required."

Firstly it is certainly not clear that it hits his arm. Secondly, he didn't raise or move his arms, they were at his side. There is simply no evidence that he deliberately handled the ball.

I feel a bit sorry for the bloke - I would have been bloody livid if one of our boys had been sent off in similar circumstances. The FA continue to show cowardice as they pick on the smaller clubs.
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Feb. 21 2006,21:39)]I feel a bit sorry for the bloke - I would have been bloody livid if one of our boys had been sent off in similar circumstances.  The FA continue to show cowardice as they pick on the smaller clubs.  
mad.gif

mad.gif
Precisely. And every week, large sections of prem crowds stand for whole match and players continue to shove each other in the chest two-handed, and just get a finger wagging.

mad.gif

When I heard the incident on the radio, I thought we were lucky to get the pen.

When I first saw it I thought it was harsh.

But with the benefit of seeing it again, Kovacs definitely moves his arm out towards the ball, which is travelling very fast. It cannot be an attempt to get his arm out of the way, as he has to raise it to get near the rising ball. The ref is only about 2 yards away with a perfect view, the keeper is not in his goal (ok there's a defender on the line) and if Kovacs misses the ball I reckon its a goal.

The more I see it the more I think the ref was correct.

and it seems that their assistant manager has been charged for all the stuff he said after the game!

Chesterfield somewhat unhappy. As would I be to be honest

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Feb. 21 2006,23:09)]When I heard the incident on the radio, I thought we were lucky to get the pen.

When I first saw it I thought it was harsh.

But with the benefit of seeing it again, Kovacs definitely moves his arm out towards the ball, which is travelling very fast.  It cannot be an attempt to get his arm out of the way, as he has to raise it to get near the rising ball.  The ref is only about 2 yards away with a perfect view, the keeper is not in his goal (ok there's a defender on the line) and if Kovacs misses the ball I reckon its a goal.

The more I see it the more I think the ref was correct.
Well Said FBM.

I was right infront of the bloke and to be it looked like handball. Anyway point crying over spilt milk. The battle is over and the war in won.

What about Chelsea's Terry handball agasint Fulham as Fulham's striker shot was going to top corner, but none being given ..... talk of double standard. If that happen agasint Southend, I would go banana
mad.gif

I've seen the incident again and it looked like handball - the pen was the right decision but the red card maybe was a bit harsh

I saw Prior yesterday and he said said it was no way a sending off, he thought it was a penatly but a yellow card at the most

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Feb. 21 2006,23:09)]The ref is only about 2 yards away with a perfect view, the keeper is not in his goal (ok there's a defender on the line) and if Kovacs misses the ball I reckon its a goal.
I agree with all your other points upto this where my view, having seen the incident several times having video'd it seems different.  But simply because of one factor.  I was convinced that there was more than one guy behind Kovacs and the one almost directly behind him was actually the keeper, who'd scrambled back after having tried to intercept the original cross.

I've just watched it again on Blues World & whether the keeper would have got the ball is a mute point, but IMO he's  definitely round and about.

But having said that, harsh as it might be, I really don't care.  Unless of course it helps a rival club beat them!  
wow.gif

After reading about the appeal on chesterfields rivals board apparently it cost £500 to make an appeal. That to me sounds like a hell of a lot of wonga. Makes you wonder if freddies appeal was really worth it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCHUTTON @ Feb. 22 2006,11:04)]I saw Prior yesterday and he said said it was no way handball, he thought it was a penatly but a yellow card at the most
If it was no way handball, how can it be a penalty?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Feb. 22 2006,11:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCHUTTON @ Feb. 22 2006,11:24)]i meant to put sending off, i just got up
Lucky old you.

Oh, you mean woke up...

Never mind.

smile.gif
yes i just woke up

Back