• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
Traditionally today is a day when we poke fun at our ailing neighbours up the A12.

However, I have heard some news that shows what a caring club they really are.

Their Chairman, Robbie Cowling, has apparently offered to donate a large section of their little used car park for use as a refugee camp to help ease the strain caused by the ever-growing migrant crisis. It would be synical to suggest that he might have one eye on an MBE but it appears that there are no strings attached to the offer.

Other synics have suggested that this is simply a ploy to boost attendances at our Essex neighbours who, in case anyone has missed it, currently languish just one place off the bottom of league 1, some 9 points from safety. Unlike a previous (failed) offer made when the Dale Farm residents needed re-locating, in this case there is no obligation for the migrants to become Col Ewe season ticket holders. However, I understand that the migrants will be the beneficiaries of numerous 'comp' tickets.

This does not appear to have gone down well with Douglas Carswell, the right honourable Member of Parliament for nearby Clacton, who is quoted as saying " I think this is a bloody cheek - I asked the club for some complimentary tickets to the Tottenham match the other week and was told I would have to pay. This is another example of the double standards that are ruining this country"

You couldn't make it up, could you ??

Traditionally today is a day when we poke fun at our ailing neighbours up the A12.

However, I have heard some news that shows what a caring club they really are.

Their Chairman, Robbie Cowling, has apparently offered to donate a large section of their little used car park for use as a refugee camp to help ease the strain caused by the ever-growing migrant crisis. It would be synical to suggest that he might have one eye on an MBE but it appears that there are no strings attached to the offer.

Other synics have suggested that this is simply a ploy to boost attendances at our Essex neighbours who, in case anyone has missed it, currently languish just one place off the bottom of league 1, some 9 points from safety. Unlike a previous (failed) offer made when the Dale Farm residents needed re-locating, in this case there is no obligation for the migrants to become Col Ewe season ticket holders. However, I understand that the migrants will be the beneficiaries of numerous 'comp' tickets.

This does not appear to have gone down well with Douglas Carswell, the right honourable Member of Parliament for nearby Clacton, who is quoted as saying " I think this is a bloody cheek - I asked the club for some complimentary tickets to the Tottenham match the other week and was told I would have to pay. This is another example of the double standards that are ruining this country"

You couldn't make it up, could you ??

I couldn't, but you did.

I work in Chelmsford and sometimes see him going in there. Think his office is based in Chelmsford.

I'll have a look when I go in there later - see if he's talked his way out of there

Back