• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are Liverpool fans the most annoying in the world?

West country fans are the worst. They could make Plymouth or one of the Bristol clubs as big as anyone else in the Premier League if they actually got off their **** and went to a game. There's millions of them and a huge catchment area. Sadly, they're all too busy watching Man Utd and Liverpool on the telly to care.

I don't say that as a snub to the existing West Country fans, obviously. Yeovil and Bristol Rovers have got some of the most entertaining and friendly fans in the game.

West country fans are the worst. They could make Plymouth or one of the Bristol clubs as big as anyone else in the Premier League if they actually got off their **** and went to a game. There's millions of them and a huge catchment area. Sadly, they're all too busy watching Man Utd and Liverpool on the telly to care.

I don't say that as a snub to the existing West Country fans, obviously. Yeovil and Bristol Rovers have got some of the most entertaining and friendly fans in the game.

Ahem. How many Cockney Reds are there? The South can hardly be blameless here (especially when there's London Premier$h1te clubs)

Once Ashton Gate is renovated and expanded, watch Bristol City push on... They're just about to sign Derek Riordan.

Ahem. How many Cockney Reds are there? The South can hardly be blameless here (especially when there's London Premier$h1te clubs)

True, but there's always going to be a mixed support in London. There's no reason why Plymouth shouldn't be able to get 50,000 fans. Apart from their emphatic laziness, obviously.

True, but there's always going to be a mixed support in London. There's no reason why Plymouth shouldn't be able to get 50,000 fans. Apart from their emphatic laziness, obviously.

I thought the West Country was sparsely populated? Are you sure you aren't mistaking congestion caused by tractors with congestion caused by sheer weight of traffic?

Don't forget that rugby union is massive down there as well....

I think Newcastle fans are the most annoying.

1. At least Liverpool fans have tasted success in living memory - it's not unreasonable for them to demand it again. Newcastle have won nothing (bar a few promotions) but their fans seem to think they deserve a seat at footballs top table.

2. Greatest fans in the world? I don't remember big crowds when we used to play them.

Saved me the job of posting!
Agree with what you've said 100% plus my contempt for the Geordies has recently been aired on here with the Allardyce, Keegan threads!

Last edited:
Yep definitely Newcastle at least Liverpool have been successful and finish consistently in the top 4 and compete for trophies, Newcastle have done **** all for years yet their fans still think they should be winning everything!

*shakes head sadly*

That's just posh boy wrestling.

Not justifying it mate, just making a point. Wallies.

Anyway, I agree with you that Plymouth does indeed have enormous potential - Plymouth is second only behind Kingston upon Hull in terms of 'biggest town never to have hosted top flight football' (of towns that have teams that is). They just don't seem to have the mentality/drive/whatever to make that step from being a decent second tier team to one that can survive in the top flight.

There's a lot of money behind Truro City as well and plenty of them came up to Wembley for the FA Vase Final last year. The bloke behind it all ultimately wants league football down there, but I reckon that's a long way down the line.

It can't be Col Ewe, because they don't have any, so are Liverpool fans the most annoying fans around?

I almost want them to win the premier$hite, or at least be competitive for a season, just so they can shut up whining for a bit. They've got a worse case of bigclubitis than even Spurs. Even Man U fans seem to have developed a bit of humility in recent years (possibly even before we humbled them), so why can't the scousers just shut the **** up? They're annoying me more than even the hamsters.

Eh calm down, calm down, de do dee do, de doo dee don't

He played for me in CM. He was rubbish.

Actually, I like Liverpool fans - if it wasn't for them, there'd be no Fila, no Sergio Tacchini, no Lotto. :minger:

There would probably be 39 more Juventus fans as well.

Last edited:
Don't worry Yorkshire, we're all going to have a chance to laugh at them soon.....

The news that Tom Hicks and George Gillett have secured a refinancing deal at Anfield is just another in a series of sickening blows for Liverpool fans. There will be no rescue mission from DIC, there will be no glorious revolution. A season that started out with so much hope now looks set to end in unmitigated, unprecedented disaster. The Dastardly Duo are here to stay and all we can do is sit back and watch the carnage unfold.

Former owner David Moores had to sell the club because they were nearly SG$240m in debt and needed to invest heavily in order to keep up with Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea. This new deal means that Liverpool are now a staggering SG$480m in debt and further away than ever before from what we should now refer to as ‘The Big Three.’ The Americans have taken this risky new deal out in a week that has seen the global financial markets creaking like a honeymooner’s bed and with the full knowledge that a recession is building up on the horizon like a tropical storm.

Rafa Benitez has been fatally undermined in front of his players by Hicks’ admission that he tried to replace him with Jurgen Klinsmann. Captain Steven Gerrard has hit out at everybody, claiming that all the arguing is putting the players off their game and Peter Crouch has admitted that Liverpool’s title hopes are well and truly dead.

So tell me, does anyone think that this is going to work out well for Liverpool?

Liverpool now find themselves where Leeds United were in 2002. Overstretched and praying for the fiscal sanctuary of fourth place. David O’Leary’s team were top of the table on New Year’s Day, but didn’t win again until March. They crashed out of the top four and only a late recovery gave them a UEFA Cup spot. Chairman Peter Ridsdale sacked O’Leary that summer and, with their snouts out of the European money trough, they were forced to sell their key players. They were relegated in 2004

People keep telling me that, “Liverpool will be alright. It’s Liverpool, they always survive,” but I’ve never been particularly happy to use blind faith as an insurance policy. The fact is that this once-proud club are now vulnerable on two fronts. On the pitch, they are right up against it. With Benitez looking more and more like Martin Jol, he will find it difficult to motivate his team to their full potential. How can they play when they don’t know who their manager is going to be from one week to the next? Even if they were in top gear, who is to say that they could get past Everton or Aston Villa, both of whom are solid, consistent outfits with designs on the big time?

Off the pitch, it’s even worse. This is a dangerous time to take out an enormous loan, especially when it’s funding something as unpredictable as a football team. Just one more market wobble, one panicky response, one surge in interest rates and it won’t matter how many goals Fernando Torres scores. Liverpool will be doomed.

If anyone is any doubt about the intentions of the new overlords, then this one Hicks quote should clarify it for them.

“People think that I’ll be taking money from The Rangers (Hicks’ baseball team) and putting it into Liverpool,” he told an American magazine, “but it is just the reverse.”

How did it ever come to this? One of the finest football clubs on the planet reduced to hocking their own future in the vain pursuit of glory? Liverpool were seduced by whispered promises of wealth, they got into bed with strangers and now they are paying the price.

Thank you Slipperduke, you've given me a warm fuzzy glow inside...............

Lets see how loyal the scally hordes are when they languish in the 4th division.

:hilarious: :finger:

Furthering the Leeds/Liverpool comparison, my view is that if you take Gerrard out (and possibly with him in) the Leeds team pre-collapse was better than the current Liverpool one. I don't think it would happen again but Liverpool could easily and quickly slip down the table.

Back