• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
On BBC Essex last night, they were wanging on as if a PO place was a dead cert. They kept saying top 3 might be hard to grab, so Blues will have to settle for play-offs, but my question is, when did our PO spot become a guarantee? I'd say we'll be there or thereabouts, but I wouldn't take our current spot for granted & atm, you could easily see it going either way.

Is this the general consensus amoung Southend fans?

I think people are deluded if they think our play off spot is a dead cert. Newport have 3 games in hand if they win 2 of those then they are level on points with us. We need to seriously pick up some form and hope Newport don't.

Far from it. 15 games left need at least 8 wins I reckon.

PB better have some superglue for them wheels before they properly fall off.

Third of the season remaining and we all know some team will go on one of those runs winning several on the spin,We need to collect wins as draws are not very good at this stage !.The autos seem to be drifting away sadly ,so we need IMO 27 points from our remaining games to cement the play offs which with current form could be too much for our squad.

I think what the were saying last night was that in talking during the games a few weeks back we were two points off the top 3 and 9 clear of 8th place, so if we continued the form we were pretty much certain to get at least a play off place. The concern now is that our form at present and the fact the Newport have games in hand, we most defo are not certain of anything. Despite not playing much recently especially at home Newport turned in a good result last night.

Nothing is certain until the maths prove it so. I'll be hoping for play offs but not taking anything for granted until it's definite.

Definitely not! and if we start going out with that mentality we will get bitten.

Few things in life are certain, and the words certain and Southend United rarely appear together. All a bit down at the moment but string two or three wins together and things look so different. Here's hoping eh.

I just keep thinking back to the home game with Chesterfield , when we absolutely smashed them.
Spoke to some of their fans after the game who said we were far too good for them and one of the best teams they'd faced.
Since then...............
They are unbeaten.......
We haven't won..........
'Tis indeed a 'funny old game'

But who would everyone want in the play-offs?

For me it would be Burton or Fleetwood

Would have agreed on Burton till they signed Gary Alexander, the kiss of death to all things blue and shrimplike. Im not one to make overly optimistic predictions but I do feel relegation is unlikely this season.:unsure:

Automatics still not out of reach , play like we did last night and we will win more often than not

It's not guaranteed either way. If we finish like we finished last season we won't make it.....if we hit a bit of form it could be auto's.......who knows...

Nothing is certain. A couple of weeks of crazy results and we could be talking about automatic promotion or saying that play-offs is the best we can do.

Obviously not a certainty.
Having said that - we are good enough to make the Play-Offs.
Newport County could be a threat but the biggest threat ...is ourselves. Get going again and I see us maybe 5th but if we do not start picking up wins...we will miss out.
All to play for.

When we played Crewe in the playoffs they were unbeaten in 18 and we knew that if they were on form we would be in trouble--- and we still got really close. This year Someone else might go on a great run, but at this moment in time there is no one that I feel we could not beat.

Back