• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Funy how our form dips and people start digging up financial issues again. As I just said on the other thread we let Reid go, havent replaced Kiernan. Even if we were under embargo we have two spaces.

As for losing Timlin, the bigger reason last year was losing Tam and Laird in January which saw us nosedive, followed by injuries to the Tomlin and Timlin brothers. 4 players in a short period was pretty fatal, at moment we have lost one, and our form had dipped before he was even injured.

Not the only one who metioned the e word. And I did say there other reasons behind not going up. at the time many said losing Timln was 1 factor of many so I'M not saying anyting different.

For me the top 3 is very unlikely and if we dont pull our socks up very soon even thr playofffs will be difficult to obtain.

Funy how our form dips and people start digging up financial issues again. As I just said on the other thread we let Reid go, havent replaced Kiernan. Even if we were under embargo we have two spaces.

As for losing Timlin, the bigger reason last year was losing Tam and Laird in January which saw us nosedive, followed by injuries to the Tomlin and Timlin brothers. 4 players in a short period was pretty fatal, at moment we have lost one, and our form had dipped before he was even injured.

or to put t simply, 2 or 3 loans in my view to be brought in embargo permitting?? like someone else said on here today. all there was o it. I was not implying there was one in place.

I think a lot of you are being a touch defeatist. Any one of the sides below would snap your hand off for the position you find yourselves in at the moment; you've essentially got a couple of weeks' breathing space to get players back fit and in form. Shouldn't be too difficult, especially with Lairdinho waiting in the wings. Autos are a different story, mind, as watching from the outside in there appears to be three sides who are a class above the rest of the division (Cheaterfield, Scunny, Rochdale).

Our league form prior to that game wasnt great either.
Played 8 W 2 D1 L5

Our promotion push died long before we got anywhere near Wembley. November and December were ok, but January onwards we were terrible and only won 2 up until that goal went in to take us to Wembley on Feb 20th.

I think we could continue changing the statistics around from date x to date y in order to back up our respective arguments, which, in the end becomes a pointless exercise. IIRC there were three pivotal reasons for our failure to at least make the play-offs last season and none were to do with our style of play:-

1) The departure of Mkandawire in January and his two and a half month absence from the side.
2) The injury to Gavin Tomlin.
3) The injury to Michael Timlin, which is why I drew my statistics from that fateful First-Leg against Orient. In the end, it
wasn't so much the fact of getting to Wembley that cost us, it was the price we had to pay (Timlin) for that honour.

Convinced in my own mind that without these incidents we would have made the play-offs and if we could have added Prosser and Leonard, in this year's form, we'd have probably made the automatics.
So we lost key players at vital times and we didn't have the quality to immediately replace them......I pray that there won't be an echo of that this season? :unsure:

I think we could continue changing the statistics around from date x to date y in order to back up our respective arguments, which, in the end becomes a pointless exercise. IIRC there were three pivotal reasons for our failure to at least make the play-offs last season and none were to do with our style of play:-

1) The departure of Mkandawire in January and his two and a half month absence from the side.
2) The injury to Gavin Tomlin.
3) The injury to Michael Timlin, which is why I drew my statistics from that fateful First-Leg against Orient. In the end, it
wasn't so much the fact of getting to Wembley that cost us, it was the price we had to pay (Timlin) for that honour.

Convinced in my own mind that without these incidents we would have made the play-offs and if we could have added Prosser and Leonard, in this year's form, we'd have probably made the automatics.
So we lost key players at vital times and we didn't have the quality to immediately replace them......I pray that there won't be an echo of that this season? :unsure:

Indeed,losing those players was what cost us.

Our form died at Christmas and never recovered and without replacing thoe midfielders not really surprising. Its actually surprising we still did well in the cups during that time.

I think a lot of you are being a touch defeatist. Any one of the sides below would snap your hand off for the position you find yourselves in at the moment; you've essentially got a couple of weeks' breathing space to get players back fit and in form. Shouldn't be too difficult, especially with Lairdinho waiting in the wings. Autos are a different story, mind, as watching from the outside in there appears to be three sides who are a class above the rest of the division (Cheaterfield, Scunny, Rochdale).

That said,Scunthorpe are in pretty mediocre form, only won once in 6.

Think any team who finds a few back to back results can get in the top 3 at the moment, sadly we seem unable to do so. That said Im sure we have enough in us to stay in the play offs.

Back