• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are we never happy as Southend fans

sufcnum1

First XI
I often have a read on here on most topics.
How ever, we always seem to moan, if its not about Ron, its about us releaseing players, oh hang on its now signing players.
IMO Sturrock has done very well to have 7 players lined up, on pre contracts, would any of you go and take a job, at a company that is dragged thru the courts on a monthly basies, I fink not
Your slagging off players, that have agreed to join us, i'd be quite happy to sign Paul Sturrock nan if it meant we start the season

UP THE BLUES

I often have a read on here on most topics.
How ever, we always seem to moan, if its not about Ron, its about us releaseing players, oh hang on its now signing players.
IMO Sturrock has done very well to have 7 players lined up, on pre contracts, would any of you go and take a job, at a company that is dragged thru the courts on a monthly basies, I fink not
Your slagging off players, that have agreed to join us, i'd be quite happy to sign Paul Sturrock nan if it meant we start the season

UP THE BLUES

I know what you mean but I bet you wouldn't. She couldn't even get in the Truro City 2nd XI!!

no we're not supposed to be happy chappys but, why be so negative, its our club and for a very long time we're taking a step in the right direction (starting the season for a astart), their is a few players out their that are willing to come to the club, and take that chance of not being payed on time or not atall, as the press as coverd a lot over the last few months and probly over the future, lets get behind the players and managers, and support the club as we know we can, we probley are one of the best supporters ever known lets not reuin that,
most of us hate ron, but lets not take it out on our club, we're sorry to see players and managers to go but lets look forward althou theirs ot much to see

If you're going to be specific, why not point all the repliers on this thread to the posts where they've criticised any of the players and management that has come in?

'We probably are one of the best supporters ever known'? I'd be interested to know how you can come to such a sweeping conclusion. It's far more probable we are no better and no worse than countless other clubs' supporters

Trouble is this present scenario is very similar to the one we experienced in 1983-84 season, when the Rubins sacked Dave Smith and brought in Peter Morris as our manager. We struggled to get a team together and the biggest farce was when we signed the great 'Tony Currie' who promptly pulled a hamstring on his debut pre match warm up and we never saw him again!. We got relegated that season, and for us 'old uns' that is the concern for this season. The whole situation reeks of 'groundhog day' and it is hardly surprising that many fans feel very despondent at this present time.

I think that most supporters are deeply worried that the current situation is a mirror image of what happened the last time we were relegated from the Championship. We dropped like a stone down the Leagues and were staring at the Conference door.

So the answer to the post is simply this:
YES, we were happy when we got promoted and had 3 trips to the Millennium.
NO, we are not happy with the current situation, who would be?

Sometimes football supporters just cannot win ... this is one of those times.

6 players as that "joke" of a striker who has been signed is not a player as far as I am concerned.
Sturrock (Blair) OUT...

Back