• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• 100% Excitement

Votes: 24 16.6%
  • 100% Nerves

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • 50%-50%

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Feel sick

Votes: 27 18.6%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Just wondering what others thoughts were about tonight. I was really non fazed by the first leg and even until kick off I felt pretty cool and relaxed.

However for this leg I have got to say I am dreading it. Really not looking forward to going. Not sure if that seems silly but literally not looking forward to football tonight.

Not really worried about Crewe as I think we showed we can beat anyone at Roots Hall on our day but I think it reminds me of the Scarborough. Oldham type games where you get so excited about the next game only to be let down.

Thoughts?

Very nervous. Just can't wait to get inside that stadium and cheer on our heroes. It's been a great season, with plenty of ups and downs. I just want it to end in a positive way.

Nervous that we might have to put up with another season of Lge 2 dross and hoofball.

Not fussed at the moment as I've 10 hours of work to get through interspersed with browsing SZ. I agree with Cricko about facing another season in divsion 4. No doubt the nerves will start to kick in this evening on the way to the match.

i must admit that it is 100% excitement for me...win, lose or draw tonight, being involved in these sort of matches is what footballs all about for me and will certainly be "talked about" for years to come (hopefully for the right reasons).

think it will be a cracking atmosphere tonight....if the players really "want it" then we will win and win well...if they come off the pitch saying they could have done more then they will have failed

big test of character tonight

Same looking forward to the game , just don't want another season in div 2.

I change dramatically from counting down the hours/minutes to kick off with the thought of Roots Hall rocking when feeling optimistic.
To a feeling of doom and dread when thinking about the consequences of failure so I am very much in the 50/50 camp.

Feeling good about it at the moment though and only 685 minutes to kick off !

UTB

Really looking forward to it. Whatever happens, this is what we're in it for.

I've also reconciled for any disappointment tonight with a (hopeful? mistaken? kidologistic?) stonking season next year.

Really looking forward to it. Whatever happens, this is what we're in it for.

I've also reconciled for any disappointment tonight with a (hopeful? mistaken? kidologistic?) stonking season next year.

I feel like we could be in for a good year next year if not but it really depends who we hold on to I guess.

Id be more relaxed if they hadnt mentioned about so many players being in the treatment room. Dont feel we will win tonight unless our big guns (Freddy, Hall, Harris, Timlin, Grant, Bil) turn up and put in a top notch performance.

Id be more relaxed if they hadnt mentioned about so many players being in the treatment room. Dont feel we will win tonight unless our big guns (Freddy, Hall, Harris, Timlin, Grant, Bil) turn up and put in a top notch performance.

To be honest I think that might have been a bit of kidology from Sturrock. Other than Mark Phillips did anyone else really go down that awkwardly that they'd be touch and go for the biggest game of the season?

I also fully expect the 2 Crewe players that were reported as doubtful yesterday to be in their starting lineup tonight.

Just the possibility of getting to Wembley makes me excited. I think it's important to look forward to these occasions because we don't have many, so why not be excited for it? I think the players seem fairly confident!

Apart from I think I've forgotten how to breathe properly.

Wouldnt be much point going to the game if you are not excited about a game especially a play off semi-final with the prize of Wembley at the end

Don't think I've been this excited for a football match in years, even donny away in the playoffs. I know exactly what you mean though the though of the thought of the disappointment of not going through, not getting to wembley and staying in this league another year makes me feel sick. I didn't worry too much about the away leg as to me it just felt like an august fixture, obviously the score is hugely important but whatever the result was it can always be turned around. Just can't wait to get into a packed out roots hall and see the team we all love put in 100%, no bottling please!!!

very excited about tonight this is what its all about this is why we follow the team week in week out year after year,
and no matter what the result (although I believe it will be positive) we will carry on doing the same for many years to come
its called LOVE

very excited,first time in the north bank with my lad for 30 years.Will be shouting to my mates in the east stand.EAST STAND EAST GIVE US A WAVE .I feel 17 again can't sit still at work.

Back