• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you fit to wear the scarf?

A Century United

Firewalking for HD
Predictably, after yesterday's debacle, there are a lot of very ****ed-off Shrimpers on the board. But I really can't believe some of the comments on here. Comments like:

"useless fat lump",

"you're not fit to wear the shirt",

"Tilson, however much I love you being our manager, I hope one day you'll become a real man",

"yup u gessed it, can we get a petition going or something? he truely is awful. does anyone know a hitman?"

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but I have been to more dire, awful away games than I can easily remember now. Every team will play poorly some of the time, and it is unfortunate that it was in such an important match. But at 17:00 yesterday we were in almost exactly the same position as we were at 15:00. Tilson, Brush and those players have performed wonders over the last three seasons. That doesn't mean that we should turn a blind eye to yesterday's performance but the bile, vitriol and down-right ignorance being displayed by some 'Zoners on here is beyond belief. You may ask if the team are fit to wear the shirt. I would ask, are some of the fans who have been tearing into the team and management

FIT TO WEAR THE SCARF?

We have six games left to rescue our championship status. The close season is the time to analyse, criticise, and propose. Now is NOT the time to be tearing into the players.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree, however after hearing reports of yesterdays game I have to say that would be a lot easier if the players tried to put some effort it and look like they want to win.

I agree, however after hearing reports of yesterdays game I have to say that would be a lot easier if the players tried to put some effort it and look like they want to win.

Absolutely, Hazey, and I am as ****ed of as anyone about the lack of passion that was shown according to those unfortunates who paid for the "privelige" of watching the Blues yesterday. And they have every right to express their disappointment. But a lot of the comments are bang out of order, and ignorant in the extreme. We seem to have aquired a load of Wiggys. That is what is angering me.

Absolutely, Hazey, and I am as ****ed of as anyone about the lack of passion that was shown according to those unfortunates who paid for the "privelige" of watching the Blues yesterday. And they have every right to express their disappointment. But a lot of the comments are bang out of order, and ignorant in the extreme. We seem to have aquired a load of Wiggys. That is what is angering me.

I didn't go yesterday but have been fascinated as much as shocked by the extreme reaction to the performance. Every account of the game (other from our manager) makes it clear we didn't just fall short in terms of ability and commitment but hit a new low.

I don't think you cannot deny anyone who made the effort to travel the right to unleash and vent their anger. Many of people's points were eloquent, well written and passionate - although admittedly 'in the heat of the moment.' Other people are not able to express themselves so eloquently and made some ridiculous comments. But it is the source of the anger and feeling that is important to consider I think, not how people go about it articulating it.

I can't argue with any of that either and I have refrained from the kind of comment that you understandably object to .

However , you had to be there to endure the sheer torture of it .I have been racking my brains ever since and can't for the life of me understand why it happened . Yes , Hull did their homework on us (probably using videos and Parky's notes from the Roots Hall match) and yes, the conditions were difficult , but our lives depended on yesterday's result and you would not have known that from the players' attitudes and that is what hurts so much .

Everything will be forgotten if we win on friday and move out of the bottom three. As abysmal as we were yesterday we are still a point from safety and in a much stronger position that christmas. If before the west brom game you would have said to me on april fools day we would have been a point from safety, but would have lost to hull city 4-0 the day before having put in the worst "performance" for a blooming long while i'd have laughed in your face. Its time to move on now and concentrate on friday, they have someting to prove and i'm confident that they will prove it.

Our survival hopes are not ruined, our lives did not depend on yesterdays game.

Our survival hopes are not ruined, our lives did not depend on yesterdays game.

No but our survival depends on the commitment and quality of our team. What is so worrying people is that neither were in existence yesterday.

:(

I agree CP, if that showing is repeated on Friday i will disgusted, however i truly believe that it was, although completely inexcusible, just a one off.

Well said Century. As I've said time and time again I never had us down for a win yesterday and when I did my predictions I always gave it nil points. The nature of the performance was disappointing to say the least BUT coaches and managers since time immemorial have tried to fathom why one week a team can perform and the next game look like they've never seen a football. Friday is as ever crucial. It was always a must win as is Barnsley and Luton at home. A win at Hull would have been nice and take some pressure off but c'est la vie. Here's to 3 points on Friday. If we don't then I think we are down and the only thing that will save us will be the incompetence of our fellow strugglers.

I agree CP, if that showing is repeated on Friday i will disgusted, however i truly believe that it was, although completely inexcusible, just a one off.

I really wonder if there was something behind that performance - not just noise outside the hotel or the Tottenham trots - but some major pre-match bust up or somethin ...

Yes i was thinking that last night, there is a distinct possibility that there could be an underlying reason for it. What i don't know.

Yes i was thinking that last night, there is a distinct possibility that there could be an underlying reason for it. What i don't know.

If you dont know, How can you say there is a distinct possibility?

Unless you went yesterday, I dont think you can really comment...

Yesterday was, quite possibly, the worst performance I've ever seen... certainly in the last 3 or 4 years. They lacked spirit, creativity, movement, passing... It looked like a completely different team in comparison to the positive performances of late.

Theres been some silly comments on here since yesterday, but there was no passion it seemed, apart from a few of the players.

Have to agree with some of the comments expressed. I was at the game yesterday as I have been to all of the previous away games and will continue to go to future games. Now I do not mind losing (well I do really!!) as you expect to lose some games and in all honesty expected a point.What i did have a problem with was the passion that was not present yesterday. If we are going to lose then for christ sake I would have liked them to have put up a bit of a fight.
Still although we felt bad about the performance let's hope the players also feel the same and by the time friday comes they would have reflected on their show. Trouble is now the season is coming to a conclusion we are fast running out of games where we can catch up.

What was particularly unusual , was that even the normally passionate Kevin Maher had gone down with the mystery 'bug'

Unless you went yesterday, I dont think you can really comment...

Yesterday was, quite possibly, the worst performance I've ever seen... certainly in the last 3 or 4 years. They lacked spirit, creativity, movement, passing... It looked like a completely different team in comparison to the positive performances of late.

Agree completely, its easy to say that in the comfort of your arm chair.

The players are paid, we drove up in our masses and got nothing, no fight, no passion and no football.

However lets not go OTT, this is the first type of performance like that for a couple of years away from home....

Predictably, after yesterday's debacle, there are a lot of very ****ed-off Shrimpers on the board. But I really can't believe some of the comments on here. Comments like:

"useless fat lump",

"you're not fit to wear the shirt",

"Tilson, however much I love you being our manager, I hope one day you'll become a real man",

"yup u gessed it, can we get a petition going or something? he truely is awful. does anyone know a hitman?"

I wasn't at the game yesterday, but I have been to more dire, awful away games than I can easily remember now. Every team will play poorly some of the time, and it is unfortunate that it was in such an important match. But at 17:00 yesterday we were in almost exactly the same position as we were at 15:00. Tilson, Brush and those players have performed wonders over the last three seasons. That doesn't mean that we should turn a blind eye to yesterday's performance but the bile, vitriol and down-right ignorance being displayed by some 'Zoners on here is beyond belief. You may ask if the team are fit to wear the shirt. I would ask, are some of the fans who have been tearing into the team and management

FIT TO WEAR THE SCARF?

We have six games left to rescue our championship status. The close season is the time to analyse, criticise, and propose. Now is NOT the time to be tearing into the players.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So you think after that ****e gutless boring effortless performance yesterday we should get behind them well here is one for you BOLLOX!

Back