• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

At long last!

Wow. I'm stunned. I didn't know he had the dosh...

Blimey. This really could be the start of something amazing. Ron, I tip my hat to you.

blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 03 2006,13:04)]Wow.  I'm stunned.  I didn't know he had the dosh...

Blimey.  This really could be the start of something amazing.  Ron, I tip my hat to you.

blues.gif
Don't suppose that Ron has been seen in the vicinity of Tonbridge recently??
rock.gif
wink.gif

I hope this really is the good news that we have been waiting for, but being realistic it will be at least 2 or 3 years before the stadium could be built and completed. Ans given the myopic and usual snail like reactions at Southend Council it could be longer than that.

The Southend Council is 100% in support for our new stadium, but had to wait for this buy out to be completed before Southend Council & SUFC can start planning for our future. With the club on the up on & off the pitch, we need to move to new ground as the crowd is rising every year, I can see at least 10'000+ every home game in Championship & packed for the like of Leeds & Col******r (if they join us into Championship) if we got the new ground.

If Ron and the boys get a move on there is no reason why we couldnt have the first bricks being laid by the end of the year..

With a build time of around 1 year, we could be in our new home before the end of the 2007-2008 season, by then hopefully we will be an established Championship side...

Well done Uncle Ron, lets get this show on the road...

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 03 2006,18:43)]If Ron and the boys get a move on there is no reason why we couldnt have the first bricks being laid by the end of the year..
No chance.

The plans haven't even been submitted yet!

They'll have to be approved (and no doubt the KARERS will appear out of the woodwork again so there's the danger of public inquiry to think about as well) and I doubt that would happen before the end of the year (but would be delighted if Martin proves me wrong). Then we're looking at a period of tender and procurement which I seem to remember Martin telling me some time ago would take around 6-8 months from planning approval. So, we're possibly looking at a year before the first brick is laid. He also told me that he enivsaged an 18-month construction period so that's would take us to around the beginning of 2009 ...

My uncle work with Southend Council, he said they are keen for the new ground get the go ahead quickly as possible, they also dismiss KARERS chance of blocking the plan as they got no chance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Mar. 04 2006,19:22)]My uncle work with Southend Council, he said they are keen for the new ground get the go ahead quickly as possible, they also dismiss KARERS chance of blocking the plan as they got no chance.
Even is KARERS don't stand a chance of blocking the bilding of a new ground, they could certainly make sure the green light is delayed for as long as possible... which is Mike's point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 05 2006,07:47)]Even is KARERS don't stand a chance of blocking the bilding of a new ground, they could certainly make sure the green light is delayed for as long as possible... which is Mike's point.
Indeed. The KARERS probably wouldn't have a chance of blocking the development but they know very well that they can create a campaign that would delay the whole process by months if not years (which is rather extreme, I know, but were we not promised a new stadium by SEL by 2004?)

The KARERS are a lot more dangerous than many of you think. They are far from the diddering old fools that used to be led by Peter whatsisname a few years back. They have become a very effective protest ground in the area. Ignore at your peril ...

I know its a long shot and a fair way away but if we were to get promoted to the Premier$hite before the new stadium is built would we be denied entry? not sure if this has come up before but im intrigued to know.

Southampton played at the Dell in the prem with no problems, so I reckon the amount of seats must be something around 15,000.

Barnet have a problem because their facilities are awful - and at maximum capacity their ground can only take 5,000-odd fans. Their pitch also slopes quite severely and the FL have said that unless they rectfy this they will be expelled... trouble is, all the stands slope as well....

Fosseets farm seems to me the natural progression for the Camp Bling swampies
Once the bulldozers move in on the current bit of land what better than another discarded burial site, let to go to wasteland, that someone wants to use for the local good...
Mind you, if they listened to the karers they may well think twice about crossing the baby eating football hooligans....

Only bad thing is its not in walking distance now
sad.gif
but by the times its built I hope to be driving which is good. I remember a small booklet being sent out to houses about 5 years ago with a design on, it looked so nice!!

i imagine a new stadium would mean a new train station of sorts??

Perhaps trams!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Mar. 07 2006,11:37)]i imagine a new stadium would mean a new train station of sorts??

Perhaps trams!  
laugh.gif
I dont think a train station would be possible, but I would of thought a park and ride scheme will be introduced.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SARF @ Mar. 07 2006,12:35)]Nearest Pubs..?
Well the nearest pubs currently would be The Railway at Prittlewell Stn and I guess The White Horse et al on Southchurch Rd...

but, as Ron has said the development will include leisure facilities I would of thought at least a couple of bars/pubs will be on site..

Think Festival Leisure Park with a nice big stadium

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 07 2006,13:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Mar. 07 2006,11:37)]i imagine a new stadium would mean a new train station of sorts??

Perhaps trams!  
laugh.gif
I dont think a train station would be possible, but I would of thought a park and ride scheme will be introduced.
I think that a bus link from Southend Victoria was originally mentioned when the Local residents mentioned the parking problems .

Aldi's, Waitrose, The Leisure Centre and the Golf Course may well have to introduce some sort of control otherwise their customers may find all the parking spaces gone !

Nearest Pub, the Golf Course bar or the Bar in the Leisure centre......

Back