• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Attendance v Oxford

Babii G

aka Blues Ladies
What happened to the attendance last night? In all honestly, it was shocking, I was there and I was embaressed, and we deserved all the stick we got from Oxford fans, it may have only been a cup game, but we should still support the team, fair enough, i appreciate some people may have been busy or working, but just over 2,000 is simply disgraceful, and I have a feeling that's why Southend made the Bristol Rovers game a Blue Voice days to get our attendances up again, shocking, simply shocking

I think that might be down to Uncle Ron needing some Christmas Present money and keeping the ticket price at an unreasonable price for the game

What happened to the attendance last night? In all honestly, it was shocking, I was there and I was embaressed, and we deserved all the stick we got from Oxford fans, it may have only been a cup game, but we should still support the team, fair enough, i appreciate some people may have been busy or working, but just over 2,000 is simply disgraceful, and I have a feeling that's why Southend made the Bristol Rovers game a Blue Voice days to get our attendances up again, shocking, simply shocking

Haven't we covered this before? Does slating the Club for its pricing last night jusity a whole new thread?!

Our attendances have been pretty good this season, including Cup games, bar last night.

Also, because the Bristol Rovers game is Blue Voice game doesn't mean we will have more fans through the gate. Maybe if its kid a quid, family fun day or something like that.

The game is designed to improve the atmosphere, not increase attendances.

Haven't we covered this before? Does slating the Club for its pricing last night jusity a whole new thread?!

Our attendances have been pretty good this season, including Cup games, bar last night.

Whats puzzling is he doesnt even mention the ticket prices :)

A whole new site!!!

Whats puzzling is he doesnt even mention the ticket prices :)

Whoops, but I'm getting fed up of it on hear. Yes more fans should have turned up, as someone else stated on another thread we have around 4,500 season ticket holders who have already paid for there seats for the League games this season so wouldn't have had to pay for Huddersfield or Swindon, and we only had around 2,500 fans that turned up.

What happened to the attendance last night? In all honestly, it was shocking, I was there and I was embaressed, and we deserved all the stick we got from Oxford fans, it may have only been a cup game, but we should still support the team, fair enough, i appreciate some people may have been busy or working, but just over 2,000 is simply disgraceful, and I have a feeling that's why Southend made the Bristol Rovers game a Blue Voice days to get our attendances up again, shocking, simply shocking[/QUOTE]

you don't what you're talking about!

It was said on threads in lead up to the game that thanks to Uncle Ron's lack of clear thinking/greed/lack of real appreciation of the fans and match situation that a poor attendance was predicted. And that is what we got.

I do not think the SUFC fans should be shamed for not turning up, Uncle Ron could have easly doubled the attendance with a more inventive pricing policy and perhaps earned more out of it

In doing what he did he risked via creating a naff atmosphere conditions that were better for the away team....luckily I believe they were cr*p.

Well the good news is our next home game v Oldham is selling well... just book two tickets online in the yellow seats in the East stand and only could buy single seats(ie not 2 together) in two different bloody rows....

Back