• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Attendance?

7830, Gillingham website claims there was 877 Gills there, North stand was not even a third full, cant see that myself

Not sure how correct the figures were. Got to my seats and the people in them had been sold my season ticket seats, duplication shouldn't happen surely ?

very very dissappointing attendence. honestly thought we would have 9k there. weren't helped by gills terrible following but there was plenty of space in the west / south upper and lower.

still what we had there were brilliant

How many was there against Bristol Rovers? As I work in the car park there were more cars there last night than the Rovers match.

I've said elsewhere, I dispute those figures. Our stands were pretty full, there were odd bits that were sparsely populated but in the main I thought we were on for a high 8 to low 9 thousand.

I've said elsewhere, I dispute those figures. Our stands were pretty full, there were odd bits that were sparsely populated but in the main I thought we were on for a high 8 to low 9 thousand.
Agree with you OBL the Hall certainly looked more than 3/4 full, but we have to believe the official figures :unsure:

I have always thought the figures given out are very odd. Maybe they have a different way of calculating the crowd than we do.:unsure:

I have always thought the figures given out are very odd. Maybe they have a different way of calculating the crowd than we do.:unsure:

You'd have thought some more effective way than this was used though
crystal%20ball.jpg

IIRC all complimentary seats are excluded from the calculation.

That maybe so .....but why then call it "The Official Attendance"...maybe they should change it to .."People who paid to get in attendance"..;)

There was some gaps on the South lower and upper (unusually), and there quite a few gaps on the V and W in the West. About right I feel disappointing though.

The North West bit was empty. If it is above 8000 they normally have to open up the bit beyond X block.

Perhaps if they stopped moving games to a Friday night...

I'd have definitely come down this weekend if I'd have been able to. However, Friday night games require me to take a half-day holiday which work wouldn't let me do at short-notice yesterday.

The Dartford crossing was closed, that was the reason i didn't get there in time and i imagine alot of Gills fans where in the same boat.

Maybe it would have been higher on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm.....:whistling:

The Dartford crossing was closed, that was the reason i didn't get there in time and i imagine alot of Gills fans where in the same boat.

Absolutely right, MK. Five and a quarter hours it took me to do the 130 miles, five and a quarter hours!!! Compare that with the two and a quarter hours the journey back took.

I missed the whole of the first half, so only got to see half a game. :madman:

Was pleased I did it, though. :)

Back