• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Away fans in boxes eh!?

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
SUFC (Geoff King) you told us that away fans would not be allowed in boxes any longer well behold one of your own stewards has admitted to having to remove a Norwich fan from a box

http://www.theshrimpers-online.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5395

Please tell us why the club have made this mistake YET AGAIN? oh and also don't forget the away fans in the west as well.

Yep, that issue was raised by someone in the other thread.
You will never be able to stop this without exceptions. How hard SUFC tried is another matter... were they just in it for the money?

Ahh but my point is that we was told that boxes would no longer be sold to away supporters and we were told that tighter constraints on seating would be put in place

i thought in the other thread it was made clear that the box was paid for by a local businessman

SUFC (Geoff King) you told us that away fans would not be allowed in boxes any longer well behold one of your own stewards has admitted to having to remove a Norwich fan from a box

http://www.theshrimpers-online.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5395

Please tell us why the club have made this mistake YET AGAIN? oh and also don't forget the away fans in the west as well.

After the Leicester debacle last season Mr King did indeed assure us that this would not be allowed to happen again, but don't forget this is Mr King of the Southend United board, you know the one, the one who is at times afraid to open his mouth as he is afraid the truth may come out by mistake. As always no matter what we are told by this board the opposite often seems to be true. At the game on Tuesday it seems we had Norwich fans in the boxes, Norwich fans in the East stand and Norwich fans in the West stand, just waiting for someone to confirm that there were Norwich fans in the South stand also.

Did GK assure us that there would be no away fans in the boxes though ?, I think we were told that boxes would not be sold to away fans (as said by UWS) .

I don't think that there is anything in the agreement for the boxes which tells the company hiring the box that all their guests must be southend supporters (and if there was the take up may well be even less)

If guests are being ejected then it shows they are being "policed"

I can confirm there was a Norwich fan in the East Red section, the gentleman in question was an oap accompanied by another oap a Southend supporter(not me).He enjoyed a drink in the bar, and applauded politely when Norwich scored. He seemed a very nice chap. I didn't punch him, or get him thrown out, in fact I rather enjoyed his company.
Sorry and all that for thinking it was only a game, and not an excuse to beat the living daylights out of anybody who supports a team other than Southend.

Back