• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

back from swansea

shrimpfan

Manager
any body here on the coach coming back from swansea when it crashed 68ish ,ended up in bridge end .chico:s first match?

erm
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

i wasn't even thought about then . . . . funnily enough, i was on a supporters coach coming back from the west country (Exeter i think) when a tyre blew on the M4 as we were doing 70 odd, and the driver struggled to keep control . . . . would have been late 80's early 90's . . . anyone else on that coach ??

Al

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 20 2006,21:17)]I was on the supporters coach that returned from AFC Bournemouth in 1991 and blew a tyre on the M3; scary moments ...
Mike, that could even have been the one - i know it was returning from down south somewhere . . . . i remember the poor old driver having terrible bruising on his arms from struggling with the steering wheel

scarey moments indeed

Al

Left the tavern in the town{southend high st}after closing time Friday, overnight trip. First loo stop at Charing Cross toilets on the Embankment around 1.30am. The toilets were full of transvestites, we took the mickey which we thought was funny until they pulled knives on us and we thought it was time to leave. Arrived in Swansea approx. 8am Saturday morning, it was raining, and we did not have a lot of money in those days, so out came the football and we played on the beach. Later on we found a cafe and had a fry up, in the pub at lunchtime and then on to the match. Chico's debut, it was a 2-2 draw. Left Swansea on the coach, in those days they had three lane roads, 1 each way and the centre lane for overtaking both ways. The coach was in the centre lane overtaking, coming the other way, straight at us, was an Austin 1100. Both vehicles swerved but we still collided (the door of the coach was ripped off) and the coach went over a ditch and through a hedge and ended up in a field. The Austin was done in so were the passengers. The ambulance and Police arrived and we all swept the glass from the road. As we had to wait for another coach to be sent to pick us up out came the football again we played in the field. Then the Police decided to take us to Bridge End in black marias, we spent the rest of our money there until the other coach arrived to take us home.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpfan @ July 20 2006,18:56)]any body here  on the coach coming back from swansea when it crashed 68ish ,ended up in bridge end .chico:s first match?
Yep  .... and had to go back as a witness when the coach driver was wrongly charged. He was acquitted. Real culprit was some Welsh tos$er driving a Mothers' Pride delivery van.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ July 20 2006,23:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpfan @ July 20 2006,17:56)]any body here  on the coach coming back from swansea when it crashed 68ish ,ended up in bridge end .chico:s first match?
U just got back then?

wink.gif
Sounds like he was lucky to get back at all

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpfan @ July 20 2006,18:56)]any body here  on the coach coming back from swansea when it crashed 68ish ,ended up in bridge end .chico:s first match?
Think you will find my Dad was but I suspect you know that as you was with him.  
laugh.gif

[b said:
ps not Chico's first match, by the way, but certainly his first goal. The other goalscorer was John McKinven who just played a handful of games after that, his career being effectively ended by a dreadful challenge from Graham Taylor when he was playing for Lincoln.

Mick,
Was that really Graham Taylor that broke Johnny Mc's leg?

We were there and heard it snap.

Lincoln were always physical but that day they were awful.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (DistantBlue @ July 21 2006,12:36)]Mick,

Yes ... of course it didn't help that Johnny Macs legs were about 4 inches in circumference !!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ July 21 2006,09:54)]
[b said:
Think you will find my Dad was but I suspect you know that as you was with him.  
laugh.gif
i suspect i was out of it! dave

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ July 21 2006,14:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (DistantBlue @ July 21 2006,12:36)]Mick,

Yes  ... of course it didn't help that Johnny Macs legs were about 4 inches in circumference !!
Too right ,but he could play a bit when he fancied - and that tackle more or less finished him didn't it?
I didn't realise it was Taylor - I knew there was areason I didn't like him,now I know.

Back