• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Back to school

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Opinions?

I am glad my kids are back in a structured learning environment but predict this will be the start of a second wave of infections.

I’m glad for their education and mental health. Don’t think there will be a second wave over here.

Happy to see schools back, but I can only see this leading to a huge surge in new cases. I really hope I'm wrong.

They said there’d be a second wave when people were packed onto beaches, people were protesting en masse, when people went back to work, when shops reopened, when pubs and restaurants reopened, etc. Kids need to be back in school, simple as that in my opinion.
The only bad thing to come out of this is thousands of women on the road in mass at the same time.

Even the kids want to go back.

Worth remembering that in Britain this year, more children have been killed by their parents in their own home than by any alleged Covid related illness.

They said there’d be a second wave when people were packed onto beaches, people were protesting en masse, when people went back to work, when shops reopened, when pubs and restaurants reopened, etc. Kids need to be back in school, simple as that in my opinion.
Who are you referring to with 'they'?

Who are you referring to with 'they'?

At a guess I would say all the Scientist, politicians, advisers, the MSM and every know it all fear monger on social media who bought into the myth that we were all going spread a virus and kill people.

I expect they will up the dose on the 2nd wave.

i really cant see a second wave happening. There is a lot of thinking that the virus has mutated into a weaker form, hence there are still active infections but hospital admissions have fallen of a cliff. I think its time to get on with our lives and rebuild the country. Its also time to drop the face coverings in shops its becoming a farce.

Children back at school is very important.
As to covid, my observation is that most seem to have spent the summer together as slowly the distancing loosened and parental and governmental guidance became weaker and confused, tired and slack.
Maybe the science leads to belief the children are not at such high risk, and maybe many have had mild covid or, like flu, it has passed over them.

One of mine goes back tomorrow and the other on Monday. Both are really excited about going back, but no where near as excited and my wife and I!

The novelty will soon wear off...but the fact that they're both excited speaks volumes.

Both of mine went back yesterday, long overdue as they need structure and the emotional benefits of mixing with their peers, this far outweighs any potential risks, which of course there are.

It will definitely test the second wave theory as the drop off/pick up time scenes were nothing short of apocalyptic.

As mentioned above even with 1-1.5K confirmed cases per day for weeks now, the hospital admissions are at an all time low so even a surge in cases may not be the disaster it was before.

At a guess I would say all the Scientist, politicians, advisers, the MSM and every know it all fear monger on social media who bought into the myth that we were all going spread a virus and kill people.

I expect they will up the dose on the 2nd wave.
I didn't ask you.

Both of mine went back yesterday, long overdue as they need structure and the emotional benefits of mixing with their peers, this far outweighs any potential risks, which of course there are.

It will definitely test the second wave theory as the drop off/pick up time scenes were nothing short of apocalyptic.

As mentioned above even with 1-1.5K confirmed cases per day for weeks now, the hospital admissions are at an all time low so even a surge in cases may not be the disaster it was before.

My eldest has the added complication of being on a school bus. Heaven knows how that's going to work.

All of my kids have been back, Year 7, Year 2 and Reception. It’s been brilliant for them and they have a spring back in their step. I also have time now to go and play some golf! Win win!

All of my kids have been back, Year 7, Year 2 and Reception. It’s been brilliant for them and they have a spring back in their step. I also have time now to go and play some golf! Win win!
Good to hear. My son goes back Monday, he can’t wait.

Happy to see schools back, but I can only see this leading to a huge surge in new cases. I really hope I'm wrong.

It's inevitable that there will be cases, but as long as they're not translating into deaths and hospital admissions - which they're not at the moment - we can live with it. We shouldn't panic and close things down the minute there's a case. The risk to children is virtually zero unless they have serious underlying conditions.

You could even debate whether we needed to close schools at all, or at least for as long as we did, but that's for another time... I am glad schools are back, even if it does sound like being in prison with all these silly rules. It's another sense of normality in society.

It's inevitable that there will be cases, but as long as they're not translating into deaths and hospital admissions - which they're not at the moment - we can live with it. We shouldn't panic and close things down the minute there's a case. The risk to children is virtually zero unless they have serious underlying conditions.

You could even debate whether we needed to close schools at all, or at least for as long as we did, but that's for another time... I am glad schools are back, even if it does sound like being in prison with all these silly rules. It's another sense of normality in society.

What about their teachers?The risk is far from zero.I went back yesterday for the first time and it was scarey.

Children are social and sociable beings, they need the stimulus of being around others of their age. Going back to school is a good thing - though the amount of traffic on the road has now increased back to normal levels which is not a good thing!

Back