• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barcelona

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Been a couple of times with my wife, but this weekend it's a stag do, so I anticipate a rather different experience.

Barna's already given me a weather report, what have the rest of you got? Any tips/advice/etc warmly received.

Been a couple of times with my wife, but this weekend it's a stag do, so I anticipate a rather different experience.

Barna's already given me a weather report, what have the rest of you got? Any tips/advice/etc warmly received.

Keep your hands in your pockets,it's the pick pocket capital of Europe.

I really enjoyed the walk around the old Olympic village. That whole area is fantastic. The harbour area was good for nightlife and would recommend. Prostitutes are everywhere. That is all I can tell you really ......

That would be a T-10 1 zona travelcard for central Barcelona (and not the T-10 2 zones card I use to travel in from SC). :smiles:

:smile::smile::smile::smile: not this again

From what I read, best bet for getting to the city centre (we are staying near Verdaguer Metro) is a RENFE train, yes?

Is there a three-day travelcard we could buy that would get us to the airport and back and around the city centre?

:smile::smile::smile::smile: not this again

From what I read, best bet for getting to the city centre (we are staying near Verdaguer Metro) is a RENFE train, yes?

Is there a three-day travelcard we could buy that would get us to the airport and back and around the city centre?

Your T-10 1 zona card is good for both the metro and RENFE (I use my T-10 2 zones card to get out to Cornella).

As far as the airport is concerned you're much better off getting a return on the airport bus (turn left as you exit the terminal) which will drop you off at Plaza Catalunya).

http://www.aerobusbcn.com/index.php/en.html?gclid=CJqOkYTq97kCFRMftAod4x8APw

Timely thread as I'm flying out tomorrow to 'compete'* in the Barcelona Triathlon this Sunday, my first ever. I'm genuinely quite scared as, the odd bit of fairweather cycling aside, me and aerobic fitness are not usual bedfellows. Definitely hoping to catch up with our Uncle Leo for a coffee and some Shrimpers chat if we can make it work.

Without diverting his thread too much, can anyone recommend any of the more relaxing pursuits? I had hoped to be lounging by the pool mostly but rain looks likely to stamp on that. I'm guessing the usual city Bus Tour might be an option?

*By compete, I mean "try to get to the finish line without either drowning, crashing or burning."

Timely thread as I'm flying out tomorrow to 'compete'* in the Barcelona Triathlon this Sunday, my first ever. I'm genuinely quite scared as, the odd bit of fairweather cycling aside, me and aerobic fitness are not usual bedfellows. Definitely hoping to catch up with our Uncle Leo for a coffee and some Shrimpers chat if we can make it work.

Without diverting his thread too much, can anyone recommend any of the more relaxing pursuits? I had hoped to be lounging by the pool mostly but rain looks likely to stamp on that. I'm guessing the usual city Bus Tour might be an option?

*By compete, I mean "try to get to the finish line without either drowning, crashing or burning."

Good luck!

Definitely recommend the bus tour - it's a really good way to see a lot of the Gaudi stuff and you can go up to the Camp Neu/Parc Guell etc.

As DTS has said, the Olympic park is good for a stroll, although it doesn't look the weather will be very conducive to that!

Maritime Museum a good way of spending a bit of time indoors if it's really hammering down.

Laughing at me in hungover state will probably be quite diverting too.

As DTS has said, the Olympic park is good for a stroll, although it doesn't look the weather will be very conducive to that!

Maritime Museum a good way of spending a bit of time indoors if it's really hammering down.

Laughing at me in hungover state will probably be quite diverting too.

Good tip.There was a special Darwin/Beagle exhibition on there recently, which to my shame I never got round to catching.

http://www.ihes.com/bcn/spanish/barcelona/maritime_museum.html

Woah, missed this. How did this go?

What sort of distances was it?

Back