• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barnard & McCormack

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Something that's been pointed out on SOL which hadn't occurred to me, but maybe has to some of you more cynical types - by sitting out Saturday would NOT be cup tied were they to leave in January.

Oh dear, I feel quite gloomy. :darkcloud:

However a run in the FA Cup and the chance to prove themselves against a big team in the 3rd Round at the beginning of January would have increased their stock....I personally don't buy into any conspiracy theories.

Personally, I'd be looking at the possibility of selling Barnard in January. His contract is up in the Summer, and we certainly can't afford another Peter Clarke fiasco. If he continues this hot streak and it becomes clear he's unlikely to sign a new deal, then I'd be looking to offload him for a massive profit and bring in someone else.

I think it's more likely that they got themselves booked to miss the cup game so they didn't miss any league games. After all, we could have drawn or won on Saturday and then they'd have played in the replay or round 2.

I don't buy that conspiracy theory.

I think it's more likely that they got themselves booked to miss the cup game so they didn't miss any league games. After all, we could have drawn or won on Saturday and then they'd have played in the replay or round 2.

I don't buy that conspiracy theory.

This is rubbish. If Barney wanted to get booked he'd have fouled someone rather than rely on the ineptitude of a referee cautioning him for being fouled !

This is rubbish. If Barney wanted to get booked he'd have fouled someone rather than rely on the ineptitude of a referee cautioning him for being fouled !

My understanding was that the caution was for the subsequent dissent?

Last edited:
who cares barnards leaving us neway... this season is completly poinltess now... mid table finish guise

Not sure that they're be much interest in Macca from teams still in the FA cup at Christmas.... although I suppose Northwich Victoria and Kettering are still in there...

Nah just your imagination running away with you OBL, now if they'd both been injured before the weekend game then it might be a different story.

Something that's been pointed out on SOL which hadn't occurred to me, but maybe has to some of you more cynical types - by sitting out Saturday would NOT be cup tied were they to leave in January.

Oh dear, I feel quite gloomy. :darkcloud:

Get a grip!!

Back