• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Barney suspended, Laurent injured

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
Listening to Tilly on the radio he didn't sound too optimistic about Laurent being fit for Saturday and noted that Barney picked up booking no.5 this evening.

Robinson & ????????? upfront on Saturday?

I thought at the time that Barny had bought the booking to waste a bit more time. Maybe not.

That said, if he did pick up his fifth booking tonight then he'd miss Millwall next tuesday. If booking no.5 was at Colchester on saturday then he'll be out for the Posh match.

I'm sure Barnys suspension won't kick in until Tuesday vs Millwall

Ah damn you Beefy .. too quick for me :zip:

Last edited:
Just heard, after what he did tonight could we see Scannell upfront or will he go 4-5-1, I think 4-5-1 wouldn't be bad, Scannell on the right, Grant, Macca and JFC in the middle, Moussa on the left

Just heard, after what he did tonight could we see Scannell upfront or will he go 4-5-1, I think 4-5-1 wouldn't be bad, Scannell on the right, Grant, Macca and JFC in the middle, Moussa on the left

Sounds good. Peterbrough are a good team so trying to dominate the midfield maybe a good idea. I'd prefer 4-5-1 than 4-4-2 with an unfit Freedman upfront.

4-4-2. Always 4-4-2.

Barnard will be available for saturday. If he's suspended for Millwall and Dougie isn't back yet then stick Betsy up front. But we never, ever, ever play well when we don't play a 4-4-2.

I think it's my fault about Barnards booking. I commented only moments before that there had been no cards.

As it happens I think it shouldn't have been a booking from what I saw.

It appears Barnard was booked for Scunthorpe taking a free kick 15 yards too far upfield. A free-kick that is which was awarded for Barnard being gripped in a headlock and thrown onto the floor!

It appears Barnard was booked for Scunthorpe taking a free kick 15 yards too far upfield. A free-kick that is which was awarded for Barnard being gripped in a headlock and thrown onto the floor!

Trouble is with Barney its a bit of the old "Boy who cried wolf" syndrome. I swear he went up with his fist and then their keeper was out cold....

Trouble is with Barney its a bit of the old "Boy who cried wolf" syndrome. I swear he went up with his fist and then their keeper was out cold....

I think for a moment he thought he was a goalkeeper or superman!

Barney suspended. No big loss in my books. An embarrassing cheating diver who would do better to take a couple of months off, get fully fit and spend the time learning what it takes to be a forward from Dougie

A months loan signing anyone?

Barney just doesn't look like his old self anymore I'm afraid. Last season he was a threat, but since he came back from injury he just seems to either miscontrol the ball, fall over, or moan at anyone within 5 feet of him.

The stupid thing with the Laurent situation was that the bench were told he'd done his hamstring, but in the 3 or 4 minutes it took for them to first of all actually realise they needed to make a change, and then for them to get Barney ready, he made a sprint and buggered it up even more. He wasn't limping that badly, but after that sprint you could clearly see it'd gone. I'd imagine that's a good month out if it's as bad as Laurent's expression and the limp looked.

4-4-2. Always 4-4-2.

Barnard will be available for saturday. If he's suspended for Millwall and Dougie isn't back yet then stick Betsy up front. But we never, ever, ever play well when we don't play a 4-4-2.

The 4-5-1 against Chelsea?

As I hinted on the OMT .........perhaps time to dip into the one month loan market for a striker. Laurent looks as though he could be out for a while again. (Revs and Walker long term injuries) It's not just the fact of Barnards imminent suspension that worries me as much as his general fragility. Couple this with Dougie, who we are waiting to come back from injury.......I seem to remember last time that we waited and waited and waited........ Before anyone jumps on my back I am not being critical of either Barnard or Freedman ........I love them both. Neither am I being negative....... just stating the situation as it is, I just don't want to risk seeing Robinson as a lonely fella up front. (Though we could follow the BBC suggestion and play Moussa up with him!)
Just don't seem to be able to get away from the curse of injuries this season. Not much mention of Grant going off last night. He appeared to be having a good game and supplied Robinson with the pass for his goal. I hope it's nothing serious because I would see it as an important loss if he is out for any period of time.

Back