• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Match day and Barnsley away are quickly approaching. Time to play the game of 'this team for me, Phil' safe in the knowledge that those that run out of the tunnel very seldom match your selection wisdom.

I'm not even going to attempt a team sheet or formation, but I have an inkling that it may have a defensive feel to it. Probably Bentley, White, Barrett and Barnett will start, as to the others..........

I'm reckoning a 1-0 to Southend purely because they are perverse when we have a had a poor run and are up against a team in form.

Over to you chums, what do you think?

Well I think we'll remember this Saturday's match - because I think we'll win.

I know.

But I just have this feeling that in spite of, or maybe because of, our disappointing performances against teams near the foot of the division that we'll win this one against the in-form team of the moment............ I hope I'm right!

We need a bit of the same approach that we took to what was then a inform peterbough side!! 0-0 will do!!

We need a bit of the same approach that we took to what was then a inform peterbough side!! 0-0 will do!!

Oh dear.

That's exactly what we don't need.

The objective of football is to win the game by scoring more goals than the opposition.

You are Phil brown and I claim my fiver.

Yep im with you on this. Sit deep and keep it tight at the back and try grab a goal on the break. We have lined up with too many offensive players away from home recently (which a special selection of shrimpermoaners were begging for) and got taught a lesson. They then promptly blamed Brown lol.

After the last 2 results, a draw with current in form Barnsley will feel like a win to me.

Can't see anything but a home win - t'Barnsley are flying at present.....

I think If we sit back and counter we could get smashed and if we go he'll for leather and attack we could get smashed.

Basically I think we are going get smashed, but I'd rather have a good crack at winning.

Better to burn out than fade away.

The next couple of games are tough.

I think If we sit back and counter we could get smashed and if we go he'll for leather and attack we could get smashed.

Basically I think we are going get smashed, but I'd rather have a good crack at winning.

Better to burn out than fade away.

The next couple of games are tough.

IMO, they will decide if we are play-off contenders :happy:, or end up at a reasonable 10th for our 1st season back in League 1:clap:.

Fact is we are safe now, so why not go for it a bit more Phil? There is no need to play for 0-0 draws. I would stick barnett and Loza up top with Payne in behind.

Fact is we are safe now, so why not go for it a bit more Phil? There is no need to play for 0-0 draws. I would stick barnett and Loza up top with Payne in behind.
This could get us a win, or the midfield completely over ran, and go down maybe 4 0. Either way its worth a shot imo, to pick a defencive midfield were we just drop ever deeper, will get us nothing but oneway traffic, with say Barnet completely isolated up top.

Looks like a 5-4-1 then :

Bentley
White Barrett Bolger Thompson Coker
Atkinson Deegan Timlin Payne
Barnett

5 at the back worked well for us and wad binned after one dodgy performance. Without any fit wingers the width has to come from the fullbacks.

Would bring in Thomson at the back, three in front from Deegan/Timlin/Atkinson/Wordsworth with Payne behind Barnett.

Back