• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ominous ;

In their last 20 away games against teams positioned in the top half of the table, Southend have won 2, drawn 8 and lost 10 of these matches.

According to the Chelmsford Daily Reckoning Phils latest experiment includes the recall of Bridge and Williams to play in the back four?:smile:

Phil will experiment with 10 on the goal line whilst Barnett operates as the lone midfield/forward.

Heart says 2 1 to them
Head says 4 0 to them.

We're gonna get spanked.:'(

They weren't great at The Hall, but neither were we; I don't see that they have suddenly become very good and we have not become very poor. At lot must be down to changes that are management led & I believe Phil will tighten things up, maybe with five across the back and so we might get a draw but NOT spanked.:thumbsup:

I'm well on my way to South Yorkshire ........... and only a few hours away from kick off.

So far 29 posts on the forthcoming match - that about says it all. I feel completely flat about the game as do others that I have talked to - not sad you understand but flat in a watery bland way that not even a cup of the famous Yorkshire Tea is likely to sort out.

If we lose or draw I think I will be about the same ........... the season seems to be petering out with 11 games still to go. And that is just bonkers with 33 points still to play for.

I just have my fingers crossed that a cracking performance today will be the start of a revival. :unsure: :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to this game, big one for both sides, on form I'm going for a 3-0 win for Barnsley, but we are due a performance so I'm going for us to snatch this one 1-2 with Barnett and Payne goals:smile:

They weren't great at The Hall, but neither were we; I don't see that they have suddenly become very good and we have not become very poor. At lot must be down to changes that are management led & I believe Phil will tighten things up, maybe with five across the back and so we might get a draw but NOT spanked.:thumbsup:

5 new loanees apart from the new manager, according to PB in his match preview.A young team that we could suprise I grant you but I'm not optimistic about this one.

I can't raise any optimism at all for our chances today, however it's amazing how often when I feel like this before a game that we end up winning it. So I really haven't got a clue what will happen..

I can't raise any optimism at all for our chances today, however it's amazing how often when I feel like this before a game that we end up winning it. So I really haven't got a clue what will happen..

See what I mean..!

Back