• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barrett rumour is cobblers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HUMBLEPIE @ May 31 2005,15:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ May 31 2005,14:54)]Apparently he's already had a medical at West Ham and could sign this week
Yeah and we are getting £1.5m and Repka as a make weight...
wink.gif

Just repeating what a West Ham fan has told me, from somebody who works in their commercial department

Silly season has begun!

Lets face it, West Ham will be desperate to avoid relegation in their first season back. To do this, their defence has to be their priority, I can't see them, therefore, wasting money on a a player with no Premier$hite experience in such a vital area of their team. Adam Barrett is a tremendous player, but he's not Premier$hite quality. What would be the point of them signing him (and him leaving), if he's just going to sit on the bench?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ May 31 2005,15:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (HUMBLEPIE @ May 31 2005,15:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ May 31 2005,14:54)]Apparently he's already had a medical at West Ham and could sign this week
Yeah and we are getting £1.5m and Repka as a make weight...
wink.gif

Just repeating what a West Ham fan has told me, from somebody who works in their commercial department

Silly season has begun!
I'm just repeating what a West Ham supporter who works in my paper shop told me this morning....he never mentioned anything about a silly season......
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ May 31 2005,15:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 31 2005,15:28)]Jupp's getting married as well!!
Who to, Bentley or Barrett?!

laugh.gif
no to Prior but don't tell his wife.....
tounge.gif

Well said mr wooly, totally agree. West ham r going to want premership quality to keep them in the division, there fans will be expecting mr pardew to bring in some big names. I think Barrettt will stay with southend till he retires....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ May 31 2005,15:32)]Well said mr wooly, totally agree. West ham r going to want premership quality to keep them in the division, there fans will be expecting mr pardew to bring in some big names. I think Barrettt will stay with southend till he retires....
they might want Premier$hite quality....but can they afford it with £30m in debts thats a lot of interest to pay...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HUMBLEPIE @ May 31 2005,15:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ May 31 2005,15:32)]Well said mr wooly, totally agree. West ham r going to want premership quality to keep them in the division, there fans will be expecting mr pardew to bring in some big names. I think Barrettt will stay with southend till he retires....
they might want Premier$hite quality....but can they afford it with £30m in debts thats a lot of interest to pay...
well, theyve just wiped that debt yesterday.

im with the scamps on barrett he is going nowhere from the conversation i had with him in bellinis on sunday night! and he is getting married on tues or thurs i beleive!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 31 2005,15:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (HUMBLEPIE @ May 31 2005,15:39)]
[b said:
well, theyve just wiped that debt yesterday.
they might get about £20m from promotion...that still leaves £10m to service....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr Wooly @ May 31 2005,15:08)]I thought Bentley was getting married?
I think he had plans, but he was having trouble with bookings...
tounge.gif

W@nk-Ham just **** off - If they want him, they had to pay £500'000 for him, that how much he worth to us - the last thing we want to get rid of our best players when we are perpare for League One football - if that happen, we end like "Torquay" & getting whipped 4-1 at home to Bristol City or Tranmere.

Barrett got another 1 year to run, he is having an talk with Martin & Tilson in next few week to sign new contract, that would be done earlier if not for the play-off.

What the point of going up? & get rid of our better players?

Wait for the Echo or Official SUFC Website to confirm of these stupid rumour.

Barrett joined us because this is his local team, surely he knows how much we hate the hammers, he surely wouldnt join them

110% not true my sisters boyfriend is really gd mates with him and its not true

Back