• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpersarmy

Available
Apparently on Essex FM news today they said West Ham had made an official bid for Adam Barrett ? My Dad and my missus both said this to me on seperate occasions during the day so i assume it was a actually on Essex FM but i don't listen to it, so has anyone else heard this?

Personally i think there is no chance of it happening, why would they want him, especially since they just got promoted to the prem?  
rock.gif

Very much doubt its true

First I've heard of that one.

We've been speculating on all the new players we're going to sign, when it's a possibility that our best players may well get better offers!

Hopefully Barrat will want to stay a big fish in a small pond.......

There are worse defenders in the Premier$hite than Barrett.

He should have been man of the match saturday. I would be surprised if he is here next season.

Would be a bigger loss than Freddy IMO...

From the build up to the game Saturday on Sky, they did a feature on Barrett and he was saying how happy he was at Southend etc etc...

From his performances and reviews this season though, I think quite a few clubs from higher divisions would be sniffing around. I dunno if he has quite got Premier$hite pace though?

I hope this is either:

1. Inaccurate reporting

2. That Barrett remains faithfull to the Shrimpers

3. That Southend are not interested in seeling him

down.gif

He took a drop in wages to come to southend ,hes just brought a house and loves southend.

barret was a very good defender in league 2 and certain he will be in league one. but the Premier$hite, im not so sure. a lot of differance between simon yeo and thierry henry. but if they did come in for him and he wanted to go how could we stand in his way
sad.gif

as much as I admire Adam, who's a great player at this level, i have to say he is not yet Premier$%&*e quality. Still neither are W*** H**.:p
Still if they offered £10 million then good luck to the lad.
PS much as I hate those east end $%&*s, Adam was a W** H** fan as a kid and was born in the Royal Borough of Barking and Dagenham (in Daggers). It's but a short bus ride to the London Borough of Squatney and it's dreadful club.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ARSE!! @ May 31 2005,07:23)]He took a drop in wages to come to southend ,hes just brought a house and loves southend.
that crappy club is quite commutable.

biggrin.gif

Would indeed be a bigger loss than Fredy IMO. If we concede on a regular basis we'll struggle to stay up.

They've got Ferdinand and Ward but are getting rid of Repka and possibly Dailly so must be looking for depth.

Henry would have a field day

I had a good old chat with Adam on Saturday night down TALK and I asked him about the West Ham Rumour and he said he doesn’t want to leave the club and can’t wait for next season!! Barrett is a legend!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_stu @ May 31 2005,09:44)]I had a good old chat with Adam on Saturday night down TALK and I asked him about the West Ham Rumour and he said he doesn’t want to leave the club and can’t wait for next season!! Barrett is a legend!!
I do though think the club need to look at his contract. Whatever he's on is not nearly enough.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ May 31 2005,09:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_stu @ May 31 2005,09:44)]I had a good old chat with Adam on Saturday night down TALK and I asked him about the West Ham Rumour and he said he doesn’t want to leave the club and can’t wait for next season!! Barrett is a legend!!
I do though think the club need to look at his contract. Whatever he's on is not nearly enough.
So you don't know how much Barrett is paid but you do know that it is not enough!

I doubt very much West Ham would be interested in Adam Barrett but even if they are I trust Tilson to not only get a decent price for him but to also find a decent replacement.

No one in our squad is irreplaceable

[b said:
Oh that's a surprise. I thought for one minute he might say "$%&* it ! This club's going nowhere. I'm off asap."

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 31 2005,10:42)]
[b said:
Oh that's a surprise. I thought for one minute he might say "$%&* it ! This club's going nowhere. I'm off asap."

mad.gif
Why did you think he might say that? T**t

oops.gif
glare.gif

Thats what i thought when i heard the rumour.

Firstly, despite the fact the bloke is a hero, he is not Premier$hite quality. Some of the strikers in the prem would run rings round him.

Secondly, it would take a huge amount of money for us to accept an offer from $%&* Ham. In excess of 500k i would think.

Thirdly, i very much doubt Barrett would want to leave. I am sure he is smart enough to realise that he would hardly get a game. He clearly loves Southend through and through and knows he will play every game for us next season in league 1, barring injuries or suspension.

Still seems very unlikely IMO. If it was a championship club then i think there would be more truth in this rumour

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ May 31 2005,11:30)]barring injuries
Touch wood we will be ok in that respect, a clean injury record was one of the main reasons Tilly signed him.

Back