• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't understand why there are still threads over this... He is a legend at our club who is now no longer good enough to get into the first team so is being used as backup as he is no doubt great for the changing room and will likely/hopefully get offered a coaching role at the club when he retires...Really don't think there's much to talk about here guys

I agree and I hope he does continue at our club. But a lot of my friends and my old teacher went to belfairs with him....he wore a claret and blue shirt to my training sessions

Most football fans support their own City or Town club, and then have normally a Premiership team to support as well. Most in this end of Essex support a London club or Man U or Liverpool. Yes AB supports Spam, but again, he has always said that Southend is and always will be his number one football club.

Most football fans support their own City or Town club, and then have normally a Premiership team to support as well. Most in this end of Essex support a London club or Man U or Liverpool. Yes AB supports Spam, but again, he has always said that Southend is and always will be his number one football club.

Yep, said as much at the Trust AGM.

The reason he is not in the squad is Ferdinand- who I don't think any would disagree is at the point in time the better player. The issue is that PB doe s not believe they can play together (10 years ago would. Have been different). If Anton got injured I would not be surprised to se Adam back in the squad. Until then it Sokolik on the bench in case it's Thommo who has to come off after 5 mins.

Adam Barratt could yet have a meaningful role to play but the current situation is simply the right decision for purely footballing reasons.

This is boring .now Adam not in squad has is legs have gone he is not good enough anymore .
Anyone who was at the home match against Fleetwood would see Adam was liability at back ..

He is Southend threw and threw so leave it alone now and put Barrett has the Southend legend he is

Look, I really like the guy and he is a legend. BUT, surely he always going to say Southend is his number one team to us. They wernt as a kid.

Who else does everyone support then? I support Southend and only Southend.

There's already a thread dedicated to that in the general football forum, if your genuinely interested.

This is boring .now Adam not in squad has is legs have gone he is not good enough anymore .
Anyone who was at the home match against Fleetwood would see Adam was liability at back ..

He is Southend threw and threw so leave it alone now and put Barrett has the Southend legend he is

And the reason he isn't even in the squad is a question that need to be answered, asap.Unlike you,I don't think it's because his "legs have gone," although I'm quite prepared to accept that AF is the better player (at this moment in AB's career).

The club have already let Kevin Maher down badly as regards his testimonial.I hope they won't be repeating that mistake with AB.

And the reason he isn't even in the squad is a question that need to be answered, asap.Unlike you,I don't think it's because his "legs have gone," although I'm quite prepared to accept that AF is the better player (at this moment in AB's career).

The club have already let Kevin Maher down badly as regards his testimonial.I hope they won't be repeating that mistake with AB.

Ferdinand has always been the better player and that's why he's played pretty much all of his career at a higher level than Barrett managed (who should still be considered a Blues legend even after he departs this summer or earlier).

Is always a shame to see such a loved character reach the end of his career.
Would be great if AB moved on in a positive way. He is a Legendary Shrimper. His penalty at Wembley made a clear statement - we will win!
However, the club has to play the best team available.

Why does it need to be answered?

He is clearly not first choice now as both Anton Ferdinand and Adam Thompson are playing very well. John White and Jacob Sokolik are both adequate cover.

I am not yet convinced on Soklik but he maybe here next season whereas Barrett definitely will not be. AB has been a great player but we need to look to the future.

Rather than yet another Adam Barrett how about a thread dedicated to the other Adam who with Ferdinand's guidance is turning into a fine centre back.

Standard **** rumour with no evidence

I don't have to answer to you or supply you any evidence. The people on here that actually know what happened aren't happy but you and others keep spouting tripe about AB not being good enough and that's why he was dropped, that's fine by me. You can believe or think whatever you like, not a problem

I don't have to answer to you or supply you any evidence. The people on here that actually know what happened aren't happy but you and others keep spouting tripe about AB not being good enough and that's why he was dropped, that's fine by me. You can believe or think whatever you like, not a problem

Also , if you know something else that I am not privy to, sobeit. But what I am privy too is my football opinion and my football opinion remains unmoved. Sadly he I no longer good enough , unless people like you still want him in the team for all the wrong reasons ! However , that would suit you , as results would be poor again and we would be conceding loads of goals , so you can get back on you're anti PB soap box !

Back